Gargle Your Heart - JM workout

Disco

Re: Gargle Your Heart - JM workout

Post by Disco »

Well done. Are you looking forward to 30DS?

Killer B&T done.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Disco wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:14 pm Well done. Are you looking forward to 30DS?
Not sure "looking forward to it" is quite right, but I'm curious to see if I can actually do any of it :mrgreen: I'm only just grasping some bits of level 3 of BS halfway though it, and my shoulders are so fucked I'm not sure I'll ever be able to do a press up other than against the wall. My lunges (and knees) are improving though. I'll give 30DS a good go though!
Disco

Post by Disco »

:)) It'll be a nice change if nothing else. :lol:

I'm sure you will be able to do lots if not all of it to varying degrees. We all say - on here - that we get better form, and therefore the moves become more effective, all the time, even though we've been doing the same dvds for years. If that makes sense. Something clicks into place more - your knees over ankles/ keeping abs tight/ inhaling in the right place/ chin off your chest etc etc.

Also, two years ago I couldn't do side lunges because I kept pulling an inner thigh muscle (adductors??) and that doesn't happen these days, a year ago I would always sprain my wrists and therefore couldn't do press ups but now I can do full press ups so things do get stronger or you realise you weren't doing quite right and that was causing the issue. At least with JM there's always a modified version.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

That's good to hear. I'd been practising basic standing lunges to make sure I had the form right, and once I could do the reverse lunges with front raises (a bit).
Disco

Post by Disco »

New dvd today! I very much liked it. I knew that I would jinx myself though when I said to you Nine, about ailments ceasing. My wrist started hurting yesterday and I can't put any weight on it so I had to modify a few things (mountain climbers, burpees, planking things) but it will get better in a few days.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Which DVD is that, disc? Did you modify them by casually doing one-armed planks etc? :))

I did shred 27/30 this morning.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Good calorie burn Disco. Is that BFBM?

I did nothing yesterday (well, I ate cake and drank prosecco). I have L’s school options meeting this evening which is as good an excuse as any to put off restarting till tomorrow.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Sounds like as good a reason as any, Tex! And MrT’s birthday celebrations sound good with cake a fizzy wine.

Yes, it’s Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. Not quite, nine, though JM does do one armed burpees! I planked on my elbows, did high knees instead of mountain climbers then found later on she does upright mountain climbers which got my heart rate going! I did ski moguls instead of twisting planks and can’t remember what else.

My wrist is worse today. Just pushing down on a door handle makes me yelp. I started Killer b&t but the first exercise is a planking thing so I felt demoralised and did dancing for 40 minutes instead. If I’d have though about it I would’ve done barre instead but I only thought of that during Jolene :sing: and that was about three songs in.
Disco

Post by Disco »

BFBM with wrist mods. It was an even better calories burn than the other day!

I like it.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Is it as frantic as 6W6P?

I have run, fairly slowly but there was a reasonable amount of chatting.
Disco

Post by Disco »

No, not at all. In fact I am going like the clappers in things like ski moguls and knee thrusters and when I look up they're all going really slowly!

Running and chatting is extra exercise in itself.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Shred 28/30 done! Nearly there. I was just drying my hair in front of the mirror and the muscles in my upper arm are definitely looking more defined :hulkhogan:
Disco

Post by Disco »

They stand you in good stead for 30DS!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Well done Hulk Nine.

I am having a rest day. I had 3 days off midweek so I haven’t really earned it but there is gardening happening so I’m not entirely sedentary.
Disco

Post by Disco »

My wrist is so bad! I'm having to favour my left hand for everything so I chose to dance for 48 minutes today. I have no recollection of a specific moment of anything happening to my wrist but I think I'm going to look to see if I've still got some tubigrip to support it.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Maybe rest will help. It might be the combined strain of all the mountain climbers etc rather than a single traumatic event.

I am gardening again and my back aches so I am unlikely to do any JM.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I remembered I was doing downward dogs so I think that’s the likely culprit!
BFBM today and the best calorie burn yet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Wow!
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Bloody hell, Disco!

I’m using your trick - I’m in bed with my gym kit beside me with the heated blanket on. Couldn’t bear to put the cold clothes on this morning!
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Shred 29/30 done