Lockdown (And Beyond) Hatchlings

Ruby

Re: Lockdown Hatchlings

Post by Ruby »

Our school are doing a staggered return as we have to test them three times when they return, 3-5 days apart. After that, they have to be tested at home, using kits, twice a week.

I think Secondary schools are being allowed flexibility but I am not sure primaries are.
smalex

Post by smalex »

W just had his first online teaching. I was heartened to hear his teacher occasionally use the same 'why the fuck don't you numbskulls understand this yet' exasperated tone as I have every day :mog:
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Loralei wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:00 pm
Smunder Woman wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:41 am I'm feeling very guilty now for passing my shit brain onto both of them,
You would (rightly) swing for anyone else who spoke like this. Different doesn't mean worse etc :drill: I will give you the awesome bit, obvs.
I know, I'm a fud :lol: thank you, it was helpful to be reminded to be kind to myself as well.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

smalex wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:57 pm W just had his first online teaching. I was heartened to hear his teacher occasionally use the same 'why the fuck don't you numbskulls understand this yet' exasperated tone as I have every day :mog:
This is how I feel all the time right now :lol:
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Dandelion wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:25 am Eek. Can you make him lie down and apply pressure in the hope that it will form a scab and stop bleeding? Or put a gauze over it?
That’s what I ended up doing. He fell asleep in my lap and then stayed with me through the night. I’m shattered but he seems to be ok. He has a huge lump and there’s loads of blood in his hair :(

4 shoe sizes! Eek! I’m going to make mine try on their uniforms this week
viggy

Post by viggy »

Rest of school pupils returning in Scotland "hopefully" from 15th March, hairdressers, gyms, restaurants etc from last week of April. Hopefully. Cautious, cautious, everyone behave etc.
Glint

Post by Glint »

:disco:
smalex

Post by smalex »

Fingers crossed for you Scotland!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Great news!

We’ve just had an email from school.
From Wednesday 24th February, to Thursday 4th March, we will be ringing the parents who have not been receiving regular phone-calls from the school.
The purpose of the call is to check how your child has been during lockdown, and how they are feeling about returning to school. Where possible, we would like to speak with you with the speaker phone on so that we can talk with your child.
At this stage the staff who will speak with you will not be able to answer specific questions about your child returning to school. Details will be sent to you once the details are finalised.
The members of staff who will be making the calls are from a variety of roles within The School, such as the administration team and the School Sport partnership. Any concerns or worries your child might have will be passed on to the appropriate member of staff.
Due to the number of calls to be made, we will attempt to call you twice. If we are unsuccessful, please email the school office with any concerns that your child might have.
:lol: Too little, too late, anyone?
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Primary or secondary, Pip?
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

viggy wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:30 pm Rest of school pupils returning in Scotland "hopefully" from 15th March, hairdressers, gyms, restaurants etc from last week of April. Hopefully. Cautious, cautious, everyone behave etc.
Not lower secondary though, there's been no update on s1-s3 :cry:

Sorry, selfish as fuck, I am genuinely happy for everyone else :))

ETA ah, it now says final school returns by 5 April. That's Easter though, so mid April really?
viggy

Post by viggy »

Aye, three weeks to start a phased return, then a couple of weeks off, then everyone back FT I'm guessing?

R number permitting - we're basically waiting to see if nurseries and P1-3 are heaving cesspools of germs that affect the national picture.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

emma_p wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:11 pm Primary or secondary, Pip?
Secondary. Live lessons started yesterday. They’ve been crap.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

viggy wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:24 pm Aye, three weeks to start a phased return, then a couple of weeks off, then everyone back FT I'm guessing?

R number permitting - we're basically waiting to see if nurseries and P1-3 are heaving cesspools of germs that affect the national picture.
There seems to be differing opinions about what it meant. Some say all by end Easter hols, some say primaries and senior secondary, but no mention of lower secondary. Others say that "senior" covers all secondary :))
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:26 pm
That does feel a little late. Sorry Pip. Will you be honest in your feedback? How is L feeling about the return to school?
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:26 pm
Honestly, this is shit. I'm defensive of schools in general, but it just smacks of not-giving-a-shit. And, apart from anything else, they are definitely not safeguarding their pupils.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m using you as my barometer of what’s OK and thank you for reassuring me that I’m not being a twat.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’d complain to someone but our MP is Andrew Bridgen, and let’s not forget, BoJo visited the place his very self, so they must be amazing.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:02 pm I’m using you as my barometer of what’s OK and thank you for reassuring me that I’m not being a twat.
I don’t think you’re being a twat.
Teasel

Post by Teasel »

I don't think you're being a twat, Pip.

N's class teacher sent this today :mog:
Screenshot_20210223_191354.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.