Directory Pipquiries

Re: Vaccine (Good) News

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

First. FIL has had his.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

That's infuriating, Del. I finally managed to get hold of those HCBs and they're lovely so I'm sorry you doubly missed out.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

That's madness. I was so happy when mine was booked I was shaking.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

There is one health centre in my town that is administering the vaccine, and in the last couple of days I know two people in their very early 40s who have been sent a text to go and have their jab. Coincidentally they are registered at the surgery at the health care centre. Whereas M (57 and registered at a different surgery) hasn't had a sniff. :lg:
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

They might have health conditions you don’t know about, kiwi. That’s what I’m choosing to believe when I hear of friends younger than me being booked in for theirs.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Nope, I have cross questioned them both ( :)) ) and neither of them have any health issues.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

My dad's second jab is booked in for April. It was booked in at the same time as his first but Partner hasn't had a date for his second one yet.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

There have been supply issues but I’m hoping mine is still on for 30th March.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

It turns out that a big part of the reason so (relatively) few French people have been vaccinated compared to other EU nations, is that a large part of the vaccines received so far were allocated to healthcare workers, and over 70% of them haven't had the jab yet. Apparently making it compulsory would be counter-productive and they have to educate and convince. Educate and convince qualified healthcare professionals that they should be vaccinated against the current pandemic :ruby:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Apparently doctors are the lowest uptake in my Trust. I reckon it’s probably at least partly because they’re too busy on the wards treating actual patients to be be able to queue.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

Anyone over 56 should now be able to book in direct with the NHS. I think this link has been shared before but it's worth keeping an eye on as the age has rapidly lowered from over 64 to 60 and now 56 and seems ahead of GP invitations by age:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... ccination/
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

Thanks Rosa, I’ve passed that on to MrA :))
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Thanks Rosa. I didn’t know they were reducing the age on the link so I will keep an eye on it. Hopefully shouldn’t be long for me now.
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

MrA is now booked in for 8.05am tomorrow. We’ve had to set an actual alarm for the first time in nearly a year as he will have to drive to Derby for it, which is about half an hour away!
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

A very good reason to get up early!
smalex

Post by smalex »

My mum reckons people in their 40s without health conditions are getting done in my home town now. Its absolutely blowing my mind how fast this is all happening.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Excellent, Arrietty!

Mr R is 55. So close but not quite! :george:
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

smalex wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:02 am My mum reckons people in their 40s without health conditions are getting done in my home town now. Its absolutely blowing my mind how fast this is all happening.
It’s amazing to me that this is happening while places like Sweden (Sweden!) are much slower. My friend in Umeå says they’re still working through the over 80s.

C is 39 so it’ll be interesting to see when he’s called, I’m certain now it will take us by surprise.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Rosa wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:24 am Anyone over 56 should now be able to book in direct with the NHS. I think this link has been shared before but it's worth keeping an eye on as the age has rapidly lowered from over 64 to 60 and now 56 and seems ahead of GP invitations by age:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... ccination/
Rosa, the categories include me now so I have booked! Next Thursday. I am so excited!
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Hooray, Bean!