Show your (craft)work

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Re: Show your (craft)work

Post by baargain »

Please note. The lampshade has a WORKING LIGHT :mog: heeeelp
SunnyMum

Post by SunnyMum »

Oh my Godfathers, Baa!! :zirk:
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I’ve seen the kit on Amazon since you started making it, you’ve done it better than the pics in the listing :))

Amazing.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

It is a thing of wonder :zirk:

I hope you have a very safe place to put it, where there is no risk of it being knocked off a shelf.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

You’re mad Baa, in a good way. :mrgreen:

I’m feeling a bit loopy myself. That’s 5 dresses, a skirt and some culottes that are done bar hemming. I’ve also cut out 5 pairs of red cycle shorts that have been requested for under summer school dresses.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

We're all mad down here, Wendy.

I've no idea where to put it, I might have to bin the cats.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Baa, that is incredible.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Do show us! I can cut and fold and stick, but I just cannot knit or crochet.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Yes, Beatrix - show off your blanket. Blankets always take longer than you expect. Probably because they get so boring about half way through :)).

I have just cast off a massive thick cashmere jumper. It is this pattern but I have added a cowl neck, and made it out of six strands of lace weight held together. I have another in the same pattern but very different yarn, and I wear it a lot. This one will be super warm, though, so it is likely to be winter before I get a chance to wear it (unless I have more garden lunches). It will also be a pain to block, as I need to wash the spinning oils out of it first, and it will take ages to dry. Cashmere wicks, so thick jumpers can look dry, but when you touch them you get a wet handprint. The last one I made that was this thick took two days over a radiator interspersed with 15 minute blasts in the dryer, and that was after a long spin. I'm going to wash and block it when I'm likely to have the heating on for a couple of days, and I'll post a photo when it's dry.

Meanwhile, I have cast on for this one. I'm using a boucle merino yarn, and I'm not 100% sure about it. When I've done enough to get some idea about what it will look like, I'll post for advice.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I would like to see Beatrix. Like Morganna says, blankets are always an achievement due to becoming boring after a while!!
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

That's lovely!
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I’m making a jumper (that I will probably never wear) because I’m fed up with blankets and hats and scarves and mittens. I’d forgotten how much concentration I need when I knit, and I haven’t yet got to the point where I intuitively know where I am in the pattern and I can work out what i I need to do by looking at the stitches (and I’ve done 10 inches so far). At the moment it doesn’t feel like I’ll ever get to that stage.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I like those colours Beatrix.

I’ve downloaded a crochet cardigan pattern for Elvis who has chosen some cerise yarn I have. None of my patterns are large enough for my children any more!
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

What's the pattern, H1ppy?

When you say you haven't got to the point, do you mean in general, or the point in that pattern in particular? I'm happy to help if I can.

Beatrix, it's lovely - no need for embarrassment at all! The colours look great, and it will look jaunty on a cot.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

The colours are lovely, Beatrix!
rosy

Post by rosy »

That’s super, Beatrix! I love the colours.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Hi Morgs, I mean in general! The pattern is stocking stitch with a lacework central column, it’s the lacework pattern repeat that won’t stick in my head.

Anyway it’s this one.

https://www.lovecrafts.com/en-gb/p/swea ... adable-pdf

I’m doing it in this colourway (Chinook) https://www.woolwarehouse.co.uk/stylecr ... g?___SID=S
Tits McGee
Topaz Titanium

Post by Tits McGee »

This thread is amazing, and I now want to make everything. :love: I’m especially fascinated by your tiny things, Baa!

I’m almost finished knitting a cardigan for my soon-to-be nephew - it’s more than a bit wonky, but I’m really proud of it because I’m awful for abandoning projects halfway through and this one is actually going to be finished on time! :weewee:
I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

I AM DONE
IMG_20210404_182855_892.jpg
IMG_20210404_182855_904.jpg
IMG_20210404_182855_855.jpg
Cerise

Post by Cerise »