Covid Rules in Wales

Beena

Covid Rules in Wales

Post by Beena »

Can anyone confirm I've understood things correctly? Hotels have been open since the end of March as long as they are en suite and provide room service. And from the 12th April, you can travel between England and Wales? So in theory, after that date we could travel to Wales and stay in a hotel overnight? Is that right?
Hobbes

Re: Covid Rules in Wales

Post by Hobbes »

That’s correct Beena, however, outdoor hospitality and outdoor attractions like theme parks are not open here until 26th April, so if you want more options of things to do it might be worth waiting until then.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

This is helpful for Wales reopening.
Beena

Post by Beena »

Thanks both! I think it's the hotel situation that confused me as that's different to England? Maybe?

I want to take Bambs for a nosey around Cardiff and don't necessarily need things to be open. She has an offer from the University and needs to make decisions soon, but it's so difficult when she's no idea what places are like. All her offers are really close - there's a single grade difference between her highest and lowest, the courses are much of a muchness so you are just looking at the environment, which is impossible from a live chat and 3 minute video. Cardiff is a 4 hour drive as opposed to 9-10 hours for other choices so we can at least get there.

She's having such a tough time at the moment. This feels like a positive thing to do.
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Ah, I see, you will be fine for that after the 12th then.

Middle child is at Cardiff uni and she loves it, even with everything that's going on. Cardiff is a nice, busy, but compact city, really handy for students.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I worked in Cardiff for two years and loved it, and that’s before the shopping centre / central quarter was redeveloped. I didn’t study there but I think it would probably be a great place to be a student - all the advantages of living in a capital city without it having to be London.
Demelza

Post by Demelza »

Cardiff is a fab place to be a student (and to live generally!) – a lot of my children's friends stayed here to go to uni (while choosing not to live at home). If there's anything I can help with/advise on, just ask.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Cardiff and the university are both fantastic.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
smalex

Post by smalex »

My sister went to Cardiff and loved it, and I went to rge Uni of Glamorgan which is now called something else but was nearby, so spent lots of time (read shopping and nights out) in Cardiff and also really loved it (so much I almost moved back there about a year after I graduated but it didn't quite pan out).
I'm hoping to meet my best uni friend later in April :love: when it's finally allowed to travel in and out of Wales, haven't seen her and her baby since December 2019
Beena

Post by Beena »

Thanks! That's all good to know! I'm hoping a trip there will persuade Bambs that being 4 hours from home is better than 11 :(

Booking a hotel has been fun. :look: Since placing the reservation, we've had 2 separate phone calls and a very long email, all quizzing us over our intentions. It's all the more exasperating as we called the hotel to check their guidelines and booked directly with them. I might have promised not to lick anyone in my last reply.