Thursday is Here.

Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Thursday is Here.

Post by Marth »

Hello!

Thursday has crept up on me because of the short week. This is welcomed. I'm up and working, then working from 6 as I have a lot to do before I go off for a week from the 12th :disco: (I will be taking this as toil)

I have very little other than work, and a garden chair and solar lights and a fleece blanket arriving. That's quite enough I think :))
Malan
Estrella

Re: Thursday is Here.

Post by Estrella »

Happy Thursday!

My day has been low key, thanks to an unwelcome migraine. The sun is shining for the first time in a week though which is nice.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Morning!

I’m just waiting for Sproglette to get ready for our run. Not much else planned either.

Do you have nice plans for your week off?
Marth

Post by Marth »

Sorry to hear about the migraine, Est. So horrible.

Sb2 is coming tomorrow, Wendy, so we plan to find an outside pub next week so I can make him get a round in as a legal 18 year old. He doesn't actually drink at the moment though. :)) I'm going to do some DIY but nothing really messy, just pottering really. I might paint my back gate if I can source some paint. The bloke will come mid week and we will find a pub, and possibly drive to a few places for walks and after walk drinks, in (outside) a pub. Pub pub pub pub :))
Malan
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

That sounds like a lovely break, Marth. I'm glad SB2 is being taught to stand his round :))

Postnatal clinic for me today, so probably a quiet one. I might get to jab a baby's foot though :weewee:
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Loralei wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:56 am Postnatal clinic for me today, so probably a quiet one. I might get to jab a baby's foot though :weewee:
:)) I have very fond memories of doing the prem round with Aunty Denise (not a real aunt) in my childhood and watching her jab tiny feet. When my Mum couldn't get childcare. Totally wouldn't be allowed now. She was reminiscing yesterday about some of the men at the lab using the autoclave for their beer making endeavours. :look:

Morning. All of my work IT is shitting about and the government have closed Go Ape because it's apparently not technically Outdoor Climbing so that's tomorrow's fun cancelled. I suppose we can do something really exciting instead, like GO FOR A WALK. :lg:

Anyway, purple or teal? I am indecisive.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Teal (I don't know what this is for)

Morning all, I am WFH today so I have my first load in the washing machine.
Marth

Post by Marth »

I would say neither.
Malan
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Purple. I have a pretty new phone which is purple.

Morning. I need to be more productive at work today. I have been poor this week.
Marth

Post by Marth »

Marth wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:13 am I would say neither.
though if you are talking technical clothing then definitely not any shade of purple
Malan
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Purple and teal / turquoise are probably my favourite colours.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Marth wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:13 am
though if you are talking technical clothing then definitely not any shade of purple
I am willing to listen to the rationale for this. *sits comfortably*
Marth

Post by Marth »

Bat Macdui wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:14 am
I take great exception to women's technical clothing inevitably including purple/lilac or pink accents. Because you know, gender stereotyping bollocks :))
Malan
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Teal, but it’s a close call.

Morning. No workmen this morning so I’m escaping to a park with E, where she can chat with her boyfriend whilst I call my dad. Then there will be laundry and admin and workmen and dull tv until bed.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Marth wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:17 am
Bat Macdui wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:14 am
I take great exception to women's technical clothing inevitably including purple/lilac or pink accents. Because you know, gender stereotyping bollocks :))
Okay, I agree with this. But also, it's not actually pink and I do like purple. :yes:
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

Morning all.

Always teal. It’s my favourite colour. Maybe you could show us the options of whatever it it?

A first legal pint in a pub is an exciting thing, so I hope SB2 will make an exception to not-drinking for that.
indigo

Post by indigo »

My local is very lovely, Marth and has outside space.

Morning all. I can't seem to get going this morning. Zzzzzzzzz
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Teal definitely - I really dislike purple (and slightly horrified that C will probably be going to a secondary school with a bright purple blazer and jazzy Jon Snow from C4 news style tie).

Morning. We have scaffolders here who are already a day late and have managed to only bring half the scaffolding they need, so need to come back tomorrow :ella: I've had to rearranged my lovely guy who is doing the guttering and fascia again and I feel really bad.
rosy

Post by rosy »

What a pain, Flora.

I would choose teal as I’m not a great lover of purple.

I have a counselling appointment this morning. The insurance company have put money in my account for my smashed sewing machine, so later I will be shopping. :))
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Morning. Today holds more battling for a working software licence I think. Also a Sainsburys run for picnic food for tomorrow’s geocaching trip. The sun is threatening to come out so A’s football training tonight May be reasonably pleasant.