Items to which I am allured

sally maclennane

Re: Items to which I am allured

Post by sally maclennane »

I wear jeans loads, especially since WFH. I resisted skinny jeans for ages but once I started wearing them, I've not looked back. I probably don't look that great in them as I have chunky thighs but to be honest, I don't really care.

I have no idea what jeans to wear other than skinny ones. I currently wear M&S ones but they have stopped making the ones I like, and once my current pairs get too worn, I'll need to find new ones, and I don't know where to start. My friend and I were discussing this yesterday and saying about how we'd pay for someone to bring us loads of pairs of jeans at once, and give us advice about how they look on. I think John Lewis might actually do it so I might look into it.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I easily wear jeans more than 300 days of the year. I desperately need some new ones. I ordered several pairs online a couple of months ago, kept a couple of pairs and now hate them.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Come to think of it, I'm not sure any trousers do me any favours really :lol:

Its not like you can waft around in dresses every single day like a Victorian though
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

What “looking good” in jeans means is so subjective though isn’t it, most of the time it really is down to fashion or at least what looks most common. I hated myself in skinny jeans at first, I was obsessed particularly with how looooong my big boat feet looked after years of flares and bootcut - it’s only thinking about this now I even remember that (and certainly never, ever thought it about anyone else). Luna has also reminded me that pre-skinnies I would spend ages in shops looking at my bum and deciding if the pocket-to-cheek size was flattering enough, and then suddenly big bums were okay and at some point that fell off my list of top worries.

What this means is I’m hoping the march of mom jeans advances to the point where I think I look okay in them, whether or not I “actually” do. Like lazz, I’ve never been able to find a pair of skinnies that I didn’t need to reverse peel off my apparently disproportionately bulbous calves, and I long for the days when that unattractive ritual is no longer part of my life.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

:lol: I have to do the reverse peel too. You're right, it's nice to wear trousers that you don't have to stand on to get out of.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I don’t mind peeling them off because I wash all jeans inside out anyway.

Squeak hates them because she can’t get them over her feet in the first place.
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

smalex wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:56 am Come to think of it, I'm not sure any trousers do me any favours really :lol:

Its not like you can waft around in dresses every single day like a Victorian though
I do (or at least I did in pre covid times) :)) I can't remember the last time I wore trousers, other than gym stuff or lounge wear.

I don't think I own any actual trousers at all and definitely don't have any jeans, I've never been able to find any that fit and are comfy.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Talking of dresses, this is nice:
SD_08_T83_3484_ZZ_X_EC_1.jpeg
SD_08_T83_3484_ZZ_X_EC_0.jpeg
I'm quite partial to a childlike sun dress :mrgreen:

I don't think I'll get it because it's nearly £70 which seems like a lot.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

It's a lot of money to look like Ma Duggar.
smalex

Post by smalex »

:lol: Isn't it.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

I think that about a lot of the cottage core fashion the young folk are wearing these days though. :granny:
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

I totally made home-sewn a version of that pinafore when I was a student, smalex (I made 90% of my clothes back then!). And I still really like the look….
smalex

Post by smalex »

Yeah it's probably not that hard to make. Not that I'm that adept with a sewing machine. I really love a cross back summer dress.
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

Look at this beautiful skirt!
61FBE150-8751-4CA5-9E79-6A7B9FFDCA0A.jpeg
https://www.cop-copine.com/natywood-26758.html

I need it my life. But it's very expensive. But it's beautiful. But very expensive.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I love it. :hbeat:
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Beach skirt :love: It’s giving me memories of the postcard skirt I didn’t buy years ago. Don’t make my mistake, Zoom!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Same, emma!
Margo

Post by Margo »

I never usually venture in here as I’m boring, clotheswise, but I’ve just had a bit of a spree at M&S so I’ll share…

Two different striped t-shirts, and this lovely car coat; I wish it was longer really but I love it anyway
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Zoomer wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:06 pm Look at this beautiful skirt!

I need it my life. But it's very expensive. But it's beautiful. But very expensive.
Buy it! Life is too short not to buy beautiful things.
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

geek_kitten wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:16 pm
Zoomer wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:06 pm Look at this beautiful skirt!

Buy it! Life is too short not to buy beautiful things.
Unfortunately, my bank account is also mostly too short to enable me to buy beautiful things. But they have 20% off at the moment. If that's still going when I get paid, I might have to do it.