Where have you eaten out lately?

nineseven

Re: Where have you eaten out lately?

Post by nineseven »

I’ll be eating inside as soon as it’s allowed - I haven’t enjoyed outdoor eating when it’s so cold. Rochelle Canteen is on the list though - I’ve also heard good things from my fanboy friend who’s already been back there a couple of times.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Oh yeah. I'm going in when it's allowed.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I can't think of any restaurants in Glasgow with nice outside space. Some are in pedestrianised streets, there's a nice courtyard that has 2 restaurants in it, that's probably the nicest place to eat outdoors.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Those planning to eat indoors, is that once you’re fully vaccinated or anyway? (I’m not judging I’m just interested in what the mood is like.)
sally maclennane

I won't be fully vaccinated (until end July) I'm just reckless :))
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

Same, Sal. (Except longer than July for me!) I ate out quite a bit and went to the pub until Christmas Eve when we went back into lockdown as we were tier 1. The numbers have always been fairly low up here, but I always felt fine about it. If we had better weather and lovely beer gardens I’d prefer outside, but that’s not only to do with Covid.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I am full vaccinated in theory, S will have had one. We LF religiously twice a week, case numbers are pretty low. I/we ate indoors a few times last summer. so all in all it feels much safer than last year.

Obviously there is a personal aspect anyway but I think, having had a child in school (when it was open) and having to make multiple visits into other people's homes for work has made my inhibitions set at a lower level than I can see they are for others. IYSWIM.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

My first booked indoor meal will be exactly one week after my second jab, so I won't quite be at the stage of best protection. Even if the jab was delayed for some reason, I'm still planning to go, unless covid cases start jumping up. While numbers are low I'm pretty relaxed about it.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

I'd probably prefer somewhere where they are paying more than a nod to covid measures and tables are well spaced and it's ventilated, but I'm pretty relaxed about booking an indoor table at the moment, even more so now I'm fully vaccinated (even more so after a couple more weeks). Numbers are low at the moment and I actually use our school as a bit of a barometer - the moment a bubble bursts there we'll be more careful as it's a good sign what things are like locally.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

I am fully vaccinated and have been to Brunswick House Vauhall - lovely but too cold outside really. Also Riding House Cafe Fitzrova - 6pm table so good for the hour to eat and actually better than previous experiences inside RHC which seemed to be so noisy. First inside I have booked is 20 May at Rock and Rose in Richmond (again at 6pm as very booked up front and tables are pretty definitely churning at 2 hour slots)
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Brunswick House is on my list but a bit far away from me. Is it any good?

I’ve got a reservation for Bermondsey Larder in June (it used to be The Dairy in Clapham, then it moved).

Interesting about the indoor eating, thanks for indulging me.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Brunswick House is AMAZING!!! I absolutely love the food there and it's such a random but great spot.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

High praise! I might have to get myself over there.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

When I say random it's right across the road from Vauxhall bus station. But in an amazing lone Georgian mansion which is an architectural antique shop (I bought some enamel lampshades there once which was a really weird experience). But that area of town has changed so much.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

The Garden Museum cafe by Lambeth Palace is getting great reviews at the moment too.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

I have eaten indoors (and will be again on Wednesday for my birthday dinner :frolic: ). I'm half vaccinated, but would have anyway. My mental health needs some kind of normality, and it didn't seem at all weird once we were there. I had been worried it would be, but I loved it :))
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

The Garden Museum restaurant was the first place I ate at after the first lockdown and it was really good. The menu is very small now but very nice food. It's definitely more of a restaurant than a cafe now.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m massively gung ho, and have been since I discovered I had antibodies last summer, and am fully vaccinated now too. I’m happy to be indoors when it’s allowed, but I do like this outdoor entertaining thing (we’re outside in a friend’s garden right now).
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

I'm pretty laid back about it, too but, similarly to Smal, I've had children in school since last June and put my hands all over strangers on a regular basis :)) (I'm aware Smal didn't mention groping people but never rule it out.)

I'm planning to go for dinner en famile for my birthday in a couple of weeks. I dithered for ages over somewhere special, but have actually decided on the local Italian. P and the children love it and, although I'm a bit meh about Italian food, it is done well there and being able to have a glass of wine and walk home is a bonus. Plus local businesses etc.
sally maclennane

Im the same as Smun, its largely for my mental health and also my mum's. One of the few ways I can get her to leave the house at the moment is to go for a coffee.