Travel 2021 (what do you think the odds are of....)

emma_p

Re: Travel 2021 (what do you think the odds are of....)

Post by emma_p »

It’s different because you’re not at home! Not at work/school! New places to explore! No housework! You don’t have to cook! Maybe I have very low expectations :lol:
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

It's definitely different when you're not at home. I never say no to a pudding on holiday. :))
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

My children get coco pops on holiday and only on holiday. :mrgreen:
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

We used to get a Kelloggs selection pack for going on holiday. :)) The raging DECADENCE. :mog:
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Yeah us too! I really looked forward to the variety pack in a caravan in Filey :love:
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Bat Macdui wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:36 am We used to get a Kelloggs selection pack for going on holiday. :)) The raging DECADENCE. :mog:
:lol: I do this. And my kids thought you could only buy Nutella on holiday for years.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

I never knew whether to hoover up the cocopops first or save them til last to eke out the maximum holiday joy. My Mum used to take us to be temporary members of the local library, too. This was MEGA EXCITING. :))
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Bat Macdui wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:36 am We used to get a Kelloggs selection pack for going on holiday. :)) The raging DECADENCE. :mog:
My militantly anti-sugar mother allowed us Nutella and Nesquik on holiday and I have vivid memories over the years of this luxury :lol:

This may be because we always stayed with (elderly) family in Germany and Austria for summer holidays, or did a week here or there in a UK cottage with the dog. It was rarely anywhere touristy, and usually no other kids to mix with. Besides swimming pool days it was a lot of garden based activities (I will sound about 80 when I say hula hoops and croquet :lol: ), reading, walks, play parks. It was a bit like the 12 year olds I looked after in Spain - obviously the weather was better but as it was their whole summer it was an awful lot of wholesome activities like bike rides, picnics, ball games and then some organised stuff like days out to local attractions, making them up a scavenger hunt with prizes. They had a pool but loads of the games we ended up playing in there to pass the time would transfer to the garden or even indoors - competitions, races, Simon says.

Obviously none of us had properly exciting holidays to directly compare to, so I totally get that all might fall a bit flat for your boys, Luce. But when there was no other option my brother and I did band together on holiday as a team of 2 endlessly fighting boredom :)) and came up with a lot that kept us entertained. There was a smaller age gap between us, but my painfully cool older brother would definitely allow himself to come down to my significantly lower level when there was no other option (and no friends around to witness it).
Luce

Post by Luce »

Ruby wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:32 am It's definitely different when you're not at home. I never say no to a pudding on holiday. :))
This is actually true. I only let myself have proper coke when I’m on holiday :))

Coco pops also only used to be allowed on holiday too but that rule got broken months ago during lockdown 1! I might remove it just so I can reinstate it.

I should say, my only holiday last year was a weekend in Hull - camping - and it was bloody brilliant and we loved it.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Get some camping booked in! I've got three trips booked with various people, and need to book another one.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

We’re currently staying in a cottage on a farm in Somerset. I think trying to find somewhere different to “home” is good. The boys have been feeding the goats, the farmer has offered a ride on his tractor and the land lady says the boys can collect the eggs. There’s also a hot tub. :)) We’ve been to the beach today and will probably walk along the disused railway line to the next town for a mooch tomorrow. There was a visit to an Army Flying museum on the way down.
Little My

Post by Little My »

We're all about beaches, hiking, camping, fishing and Frosties when we go away during the summer.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Cerise wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:04 pm We’re currently staying in a cottage on a farm in Somerset. I think trying to find somewhere different to “home” is good. The boys have been feeding the goats, the farmer has offered a ride on his tractor and the land lady says the boys can collect the eggs. There’s also a hot tub. :)) We’ve been to the beach today and will probably walk along the disused railway line to the next town for a mooch tomorrow. There was a visit to an Army Flying museum on the way down.
Did you wave on the way past?
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Of course. :))

Cereal of choice this time was Rice Krispies Multigrain Shapes.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Where are you staying Cerise?

We 100% go on exciting foreign holidays for us really. Kids don't care that much I don't think. Every holiday W goes on was the best one ever.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

We’re near Ilminster. We went down to Charmouth today.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Oh lovely! Charmouth is amazing. Did you find any fossils??
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Cerise wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:25 pm Of course. :))

Cereal of choice this time was Rice Krispies Multigrain Shapes.
TBL loves these.

We do the kellogs selection pack only on holiday too. We went to Norfolk in August and I brought a two pinter of milk and a spoon each and we poured the milk into the bags and ate straight out of them. The kids thought it was ace. :))

We haven't booked anything for this year. I'm struggling to find any holidays in England that aren't mega bucks.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

smalex wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:32 pm Oh lovely! Charmouth is amazing. Did you find any fossils??
Here’s my haul. Sea glass and pottery. :love2: The cylinders are belemnites. I dropped one on the stone floor of the cottage and it split but looks cool.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Oh thats brilliant. I love the sea glass too. Charmouth is magical I think.