Show your (craft)work

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
Morganna

Re: Show your (craft)work

Post by Morganna »

I can't spot the mistake, but I know that if I had seen one on something I was making I would have unravelled it, cursing as I went.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I’ve not shown my makes here for a while but this is certainly the most fun thing I’ve made in some time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

So cool!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

They’re ace.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

That’s a WIP done. :perky:
SunnyMum

Post by SunnyMum »

Snazzy!
I'd be blind doing that in black.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Aye, I’m not a fan of crocheting in black! She chose the colour scheme though.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

I love those shark slippers! :lol:

I officially finished my fashion design course today. A year late. My friend, N, and I chose to drop out of the Third Year graduation class last year, due to business commitments - and, in my case, not coping well with early lockdown tutorials run via scheduled 15-minute WhatsApp chats. We've both struggled to keep up with the workload this year and have both been given a week's extension till next Wednesday, to get the last bits of paperwork in. So we're not quite home and dry yet. :look: We all took our 3 finished Looks down to the college this morning for assessment. It was the first time N and I had met the rest of this year's Third Year face to face. I'll miss our weekly Zoom tutorials. It will be nice to have time to make stuff that I can actually wear, but it will leave a bit of a void.

Here are my three finished outfits. Please bare in mind that these are based on artwork sources, not on any practical brief ... :mog:

Look 1
look1.png
Look 2
look2.png
Look 3
look3.png
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Congratulations on finishing!
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

They all look insane, in a catwalk concept sort of way :lol: Well done!
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

ParisGal wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:09 pm They all look insane, in a catwalk concept sort of way :lol: Well done!
Detachable pocket bags ... Soooo practical. Not. Or the strappy metallic pvc bralette that tangles every single time I dress or undress the dummy. :lol:
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

It must be a relief to be finished the course. I know you have had a lot of disruptions one way and another.

Are you intending to follow it up with another one, or is this as far as it goes?
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Sea glass earrings.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

They are beautiful Wendy! I’ve been collecting seaglass for a while and started wire wrapping some. I’d love to add bevel edges like that but it costs a bit to get all the equipment together.

Was it a fun course?
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Yes, it was. There were a few points where everything thought it wasn’t going to happen with their pieces, but we all got there in the end!

M made a double pendant but I always wanted earrings. We were there nearly 3.5 hours.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Morganna wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:26 pm Are you intending to follow it up with another one, or is this as far as it goes?
God, no! :lol: Don't get me wrong, I've loved the course, the tutors, my fellow classmates, the art, the sewing, the pattern-cutting ... But, as the shop became busier and busier during the various lockdowns, I've really struggled to keep up with the coursework, while keeping the business on track. I couldn't go through all that again.

Right now, I'm designing some wall-hangings for the restaurant across the road and I'm looking forward to making a few clothes for me! :))
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Only the black poncho top is finished. Everything else needs hemming and/or fitting when the girls are back.

That’s paperbag trousers and a top for me, a dress for Sproglette, a sheer poncho to wear over a black vest for me, and a top for Elvis. Her paperbag skirt has pockets made from the mustard double gauze, so I did pink binding. I don’t know if she’ll wear as a set yet though.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I love that poncho top fabric, Wendy. And your earrings, I am going to look out for a course like that, I would love to do one.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Wow. I cannot conceive of how much you manage to sew, wendy! I'm going to get going this Saturday, I have a top to finish and ideally a dress to make for my pal's wedding. It's leopard print: I'm nothing if not predictable. :mrgreen:
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

I know ... I'm always in awe of how much sewing you do, Wendy. Puts me to shame. At least I should have a little more time now.

Something a bit different from me, today. I made these wall hangings for our local restaurant. The owners are friends, otherwise it's not the sort of thing I would normally do. I copied the designs from a lovely book of 'Celtic ornament' and ironed them onto the background with Bondaweb. I'm quite pleased with how they turned out. :))
bakehouse-20210611.jpg
bakehouse-1.png
bakehouse-2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by overthehill on Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.