Show your (craft)work

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
Cerise

Re: Show your (craft)work

Post by Cerise »

Um, can I tactfully say that, as the owner of a similarly aged child, he would never wear a character hat.

Baby Yoda is cute though! Are you on Ravelry?

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/librar ... migurumi-4

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search ... mbs&page=1
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Cerise wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:42 pm Um, can I tactfully say that, as the owner of a similarly aged child, he would never wear a character hat.

Baby Yoda is cute though! Are you on Ravelry?

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/librar ... migurumi-4

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search ... mbs&page=1
I am on ravelry. I like that Baby Yoda much better than the one I found. The photos come out quite small on my laptop, so I must have missed it.

Thanks for the heads-up re the character hat. It was his mum (R's daughter) who suggested crocheting Star Wars characters for J. I thought he was too old for stuffed toys, but maybe I'll save myself a job and just do a Baby Yoda and leave it at that. :lol:

Thanks for the pattern link.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

The finished product(s)! (J is donating the white saucer to me from his collection as it goes so well with my pot, what a gent :)))
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Those are so good, Derek! I love the navy and green together too.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I love your pot, Derek, and the little blue dish (whoever made that). They seem to have glazed yours better than they did mine.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Mine is the pot on the saucer (but not the saucer), everything else belongs to Clarice Cliff over there on the sofa.

(And thank you - they did do a nice job didn't they? Its a lovely little studio.)
Luna

Post by Luna »

Or Clarence Cliff :lol:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

They’re so pretty geek! And I like all the pottery too.

Elvis is ready for the christening now too, and I have a tunic to wear with leggings.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

I LOVE Elvis’s dress! You’re very clever, Wenders.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Thanks! I really like the style of the dress (as does she), though I don't do the collar as that would make it a bit *too* vintage for me. (The sleeves are not as wonky as they look in the photo).

The trouble with it being a vintage pattern is it only came in the one size so she'll grow out of it soon. I think I've made it enough times now though to easily adapt the sleeves of a more modern pattern, with a bit of help from the internet/my books.

I finished a Christmas present last night that I can't share on TMT but I proper love it. Elvis has already tried claiming it, which means I might try to make her one if I have time, though probably after Christmas now!
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

I love seeing your makes, Wendy. That vintage dress is so classic, I'm sure you'll find a more modern pattern that will fit the bill.

For someone whose business is all about sewing - mainly other people's - I do remarkably little dressmaking myself, these days. I did make a 50s-inspired number for a wedding, the other day (seen here on my Cambridge hairdressing thread), and my colleague persuaded me to make something for a friend's birthday dinner, tomorrow. It's a copy of a Simplicity pattern (8640) that I've made up before in linen. As is usual, I picked a fabric that isn't a best-seller. It comes in three colourways. I picked the red version, but was talked out of it. The linen dress is one of my favourites, but I'm not sure about the pattern or the colour of the new one. It's all a bit loud! :lol:

Here's the first linen version:
simplicity-s8640-v1.jpg
And here's the one I made yesterday:
simplicity-s8640-v2.jpg
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I like the first one too, and how the stripes hang on the second.
Tabitha

Post by Tabitha »

I love your stripy dress OTH! Can we see it on?
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Tabitha wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:07 am I love your stripy dress OTH! Can we see it on?
It looks better on. I'm wearing it today. Here are both versons. (I look like a complete loon. R told me to "smile". :lol: )
simplicity-s8640-1.jpg
simplicity-s8640-2.jpg
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I love how the stripey one looks on! You look like you're enjoying wearing it, too! :))
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I absolutely love the stripy one!
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

I love these!!
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

They both look great. I would probably wear the plain one to death, but the striped one looks good too, and as others have said, the way the stripes match up makes it look very stylish.
Tabitha

Post by Tabitha »

Thanks for indulging me. You look ace in both but that striped one really is the bees knees.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

They both look fab, but the stripy one just edges it!