Vaccine (Good) News

Little My

Re: Vaccine (Good) News

Post by Little My »

I may have a similar problem, having got AZ then Pfizer. But perhaps that's not going to be an issue by the time I want to travel abroad, or if I get a third dose of mRNA as a booster. Who knows.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Lola wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:29 pm God that stinks, doesn’t it. People are supposed to be getting vaccinated for health reasons not travel pass reasons yet that’s what it has ended up being (partly) about. I am not one of them but you can see where conspiracy theorists get their ideas from.
It absolutely does. In one comment based on NO evidence the fucking HEALTH SECRETARY has cast enormous doubt on a vaccine that could be massively resistant to variants and very helpful in fighting covid.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

It's such shitty behaviour isn't it? Not that one could expect much better of this "government".

I agree with the others about taking another jab - you did an amazing thing to help out the community, you've done your bit.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I agree with everyone, and you about these pricks in power. You'd have thought they'd recall how frustrating and dangerous it was when Macron denounced Astrazenica vaccine so to do this with the Valneva is irresponsible and short sighted.

In other news, my parents will be unblinded within 10-14 days.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

How completely frustrating Smal - I'm with the hive mind on this one.

I am now triple-vaxxed - I got Pfizer which happened to be the same as my first doses. No side effects whatsoever so far (I had the vax around 3pm) and I haven't even got the sore arm I had with my first two doses.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

purple_dress wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:21 am I think the thing about that article is not that the risk of myocarditis is that significant, but that the risk of boys that age getting serious illness from covid is so low that the risk/benefit ratio could make one decide that it's not worth it. That's just looking at it on the basis of the individiual experience/health, rather than the wider impacts on transmission, education etc.
I agree. It's just looking at the personal health impact - I would definitely be factoring in the educational aspect.

N will get it. But I think reservations about second doses are reasonable. It's not a total no-brainer and at the moment they are only giving them one dose. There's a theory that leaving a bigger gap between the vaccines would reduce the likelihood of myocarditis - most of the data comes from Israel and the US, where they only have a small gap between vaccines - but obvs there isn't the data yet.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I was chatting to Ws best friends mum.at swimming tonight, she's a nurse who's worked with covid patients and who's worked at the vaccine centre. She was surprisingly hesitant about vaxxing kids. It did make me think.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Squeak has said she’s going to get the vaccine now (was scared of the needle), but on the proviso that if she feels unwell I let her have a day off school. Like, durr.

I’ve just booked my booster. We got an email inviting us to, and it didn’t say anything about clinical staff only.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Smal, how gutting. I agree with the others: you've done more than your 'bit'. Do what you need to do to look after yourself now.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
smalex

Post by smalex »

Oh that's good about Squeak, I'm glad shes come round. And if you've got an invite someone has decided you should get one!

I'm hoping to go and get one this week (and hoping my arms don't fall off or something), I've got such a busy week having side effects would be highly inconvenient though.
eta: thanks Lily!
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

MissA had hers yesterday and today everything aches, apparently.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m quite proud of Squeak for coming to her conclusion about the vaccine. She said they were all talking in class and she realised the ones saying they wouldn’t have it were all thick & she’d hate to be associated with them. :lol: Anyway, just after I did the consent form I had an email saying it would be Wednesday this week.

I hope Miss A feels ok quickly.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:05 pm I’m quite proud of Squeak for coming to her conclusion about the vaccine. She said they were all talking in class and she realised the ones saying they wouldn’t have it were all thick & she’d hate to be associated with them. :lol: Anyway, just after I did the consent form I had an email saying it would be Wednesday this week.

I hope Miss A feels ok quickly.
She doesn't want to be in that bit of the Venn diagram :lol:

I'm quibbling again, the US has opened borders including for people on vaccine trials! I'm quite surprised. I'm wondering if the UK and EU might sort their shit out and follow suit and whether I should wait a bit and see. Or just go and get an approved one like I planned?! Sorry, I'm being a twat about this.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’d get an approved one, just for the peace of mind.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:13 pm I’d get an approved one, just for the peace of mind.
That was my gut reaction too, but then I questioned myself (again, again)
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Squeak isn't wrong on that though is she :lol:

I hope Miss A feels better soon.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Squeak’s right :lol:. Reverse peer pressure is brilliant for these things.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:05 pm I’m quite proud of Squeak for coming to her conclusion about the vaccine. She said they were all talking in class and she realised the ones saying they wouldn’t have it were all thick & she’d hate to be associated with them. :lol: Anyway, just after I did the consent form I had an email saying it would be Wednesday this week.
:mog: This made me laugh.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

One of the first ways I would describe her is “does not suffer fools”.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

It is excellent! I’ve heard nothing from G’s school about vaccines - he’s 12 on 1 Oct so I really hope he won’t miss out on getting it at school :fc: