November fitness

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Re: November fitness

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I did kettlebells this morning because my Dance Step instructor is away now for a couple of weeks. I saw another regular there too. I feel fully justified in just sitting for the rest of today now.
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Started off my day with a XC run and like Pip, feel fully justified in doing nothing else today!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

More kettlebells tonight. Which may have been a mistake. :)) I thought I was going to have to miss the class/be horrifically late due to a mercy dash to sort out C’s spare car key.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Elvis isolating (and me isolating to a degree to be cautious) messed up my routine but I was back on it from Monday. Chest Monday, squats Tuesday and then calisthenics this morning. I'm also practising stuff at home between the weekly classes.

I got a proper shoulder stand on bars today, though with a bit of spotting to get my legs up straight safely. And whilst I still can't get upside down on rings without a bit of help, once I'm up there I can get into a couple of shapes now. So I feel like I'm improving. The girls are very good cheer leaders when I show them at home, despite them being LOADS BETTER than me. :lol:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Today has been tough going. Pump & Balance this morning, and kettlebells just now. Thankfully Pilates last night was quite gentle so I’m not all fatigued in the core.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Deadlifts yesterday, calisthenics tonight. I got my forehead to the floor in a straddle stretch (apparently a pancake :lol: ). :perky:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

After the weekend off, I did squats this morning and also some calisthenics and stretching last night. I don't really need to be at the gym for that, but it gives me something to do while the girls swim (and it's muche easier to get to the weights at 6am than 6pm!).

I managed to do front splits with both legs last night, but it's on a padded mat which makes it a bit easier than on a hard floor. Then the girls showed me up by both managing their first pull up on the bar at home (well, Elvis is nearly there but still better than me!).
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I did my usual Sunday evening classes (Pump then Yoga then meditation) then yesterday morning realised that the combination of those plus 5 hours standing stooped over a working table for the mosaic workshop earlier in the day on Sunday meant that my back wasn't feeling enormously happy, so I cut out yesterday's regular Spirit class and just did Aqua and had a bit of a swim.

Had my booster yesterday and I'm undecided whether yoga at lunchtime will be a sensible idea or a very, very bad one, due to the resulting sore shoulder. I'm thinking on balance it's probably a no at the moment.