Travel insurance

bramblerose

Travel insurance

Post by bramblerose »

My brother is taking mum to New York to visit his son and also see the sights.

She needs travel/health insurance and having never been to the States, I have no idea what to look for or the best place to get it.

She's 88 with a few health conditions that she takes tablets for but on the whole she's doing well for her age.

Can anyone recommend good insurance and what I should be looking for?
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Dandelion

Re: Travel insurance

Post by Dandelion »

Make sure the policy covers the US ( usually you can choose from Europe, Worldwide or Worldwide including the US). We used to recommend a minimum medical cover of 2 million but most policies cover much higher than that. Maybe pop her details into a comparison website and see what options you have.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Also a lot of countries (maybe all?) are asking you to have evidence of insurance that covers medical treatment for Covid. I haven't looked yet but there are specific policies for this now from what I can gather.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Just to say thanks, we got her sorted with StaySure.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.