Christmas presents for hatchlings

Dandelion

Re: C******** presents for hatchlings

Post by Dandelion »

Teeny tiny KitchenAid. :hbeat:

I have commenced shopping for the kids. S also had his birthday four days before Christmas which makes it double the fun. :cry: So far, he has various Lego & Playmobil sets. He is obsessed with emergency vehicles so mainly ones with sirens. He has also got an Ollyball, remote control stunt car and I am looking at a proper digital camera for him. All the kids ones look a bit rubbish.

F’s main present is the next size up scooter - a JD Bug one. She also has loads of books, mainly about horses (her current obsession), board games and a really cool painting kit.

I will also get them some Robux vouchers and some more stocking type presents.

Father Christmas usually gets them a joint present as well - was thinking about tickets to see Clifford The Big Red Dog at the cinema, as it is released on Christmas Eve and looks pretty funny (also, Jack Whitehall :hbeat:)
Little My

Post by Little My »

Aww, Clifford was such a favourite here when my kids were teeny. R put a leash on the Clifford toy at nursery and used to pull him around. Years later I spoke to the lady that runs the place and she said her leash is still on him. :love: We will definitely be watching the film. I am also interested to see JW. :))

R is really easy to buy for; she is getting some jewellery, tarot cards, Divergent series, clothing, a humidifier (with essential oils) and some arty farty bits and pieces for her birthday. The humidifier may seem a weird one, but it's because we won't let her have scented candles in her room.

B is not allowing himself to be pinned down for gift ideas. He will only mention Robux and a pogo stick. I haven't got him anything yet, but some fun LED lighting for his room is definitely on the list. He'll be 10, so I'm thinking of doing a 10 theme with his gifts. Like, 10 boxes type thing. (Any ideas?!)

We have plans to buy them a basketball net and kayaks, but as ever it seems like the worst gift to give in the dead of winter here. They would LOVE these things though, and I like the idea of still being able to give something big for xmas. We will be giving them annual passes to the local adventure farm too.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Kleio wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:31 pm Betty wants a load of goth clothes - mini skirts, New rocks, long military style coats and corset belts.
Beena wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:19 pm links to vintage items that sold on Etsy years ago or which she's found on an obscure US site where the import costs equal the GDP of a small country.
These made me laugh as I got the chaps to do a Pinterest board for me with clothes they like, and N's has a lot of military style long coats. (As if I'm going to get him one? Where's he going to go in it - the co-op?) And the SAM's is full of random vintage leather jackets that cost $$$$ or are completely unavailable.

I've got the chaps a lot of clothes each 'inspired' by their Pinterest boards but bought from Next/H&M/Uniqlo. :lol:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Squeak wanted a US high school style baseball/varsity jacket but with no logos, and I managed to find one in H&M that my parents will wrap up for her. She has a list otherwise but it’s all a bit too vague at the moment. She wants Urban Outfitters vouchers.

We’re getting her a new phone on a finance plan, and got Chunk a basic ipad. I’ve ordered matching family pyjamas & will do stockings but nothing else this year. They’re also getting good advent calendars, Chunk is having the Lego marvel one.
Little My

Post by Little My »

PJs! :duh: I forgot I wanted to order those before they become difficult to find. Going with something more subdued this year; those onesies are too toasty.

I'm still doing the Santa thing, kind of. I have explicitly asked the kids to do birthday/xmas wish lists, no letters to Santa this year. But he is not officially out of the picture. And the damn elf will be back. (How do I get out of this?!)
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:16 pm Squeak wanted a US high school style baseball/varsity jacket but with no logos, and I managed to find one in H&M that my parents will wrap up for her.
There's loads of those on the SAM's Pinterest board too. I feel so old.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

Little My wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:34 pm And the damn elf will be back. (How do I get out of this?!)
:puzz: Can you blame Covid somehow? It might as well have some sort of a silver lining.

The Elf is one rod I never made for my back, thankfully! F still moans about it though.
Little My

Post by Little My »

She came last year, sadly, so Covid didn't put an end to it. But we did move! :puzz: We also got a puppy that would definitely rip her to shreds. :lol:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I went looking for last years thread for a link (now dead :ella: ) but there might be ideas for someone.

https://www.themockturtle.com/Amock/vie ... 16&t=39967
Little My

Post by Little My »

Poor Gilda will end up with coal in her stocking. :lol:

Seeing my panic about things not arriving in time for xmas on the last thread, I can see why I'm being a bit more aggressive with my xmas shopping this year. :)) The things did not arrive on time, and it was OK. Plus I would like to update and say the inflatable punchbag was really shit and we had to throw it out months ago, so don't get one of those.
Dáire

Post by Dáire »

I got T a cheap gaming chair and he still goes on it's his best gift :lol: He happily sits there when he isn't even on the computer, reading or 'just vibing'. He says he wants books, construction kits and Lego still. Not into clothes or money, and not even into playing anything other than Roblox.

A's into crafty things. Kumihimo bracelet making kits went down well last year, especially just after watching Your Name. I'm upgrading her to an electric weaver this year. She's a bit more into clothes but only like 'things with cats on' and maxi skirts.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

We've just finished a round of birthdays (Echo Dots featured highly this year) so I'm only just starting to think about Christmas.

We've got A a chess set as she's started playing at school and we didn't have one at home. A got a beanbag for her birthday, and now the other two want one so they can go on the list as well.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Dáire wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:11 pm I got T a cheap gaming chair and he still goes on it's his best gift :lol: He happily sits there when he isn't even on the computer, reading or 'just vibing'.
B loved his gaming chair (when it finally arrived!). And honestly, I quite enjoy it too. It's great for sitting on when I'm reading to him.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Squirrel wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:56 am
ParisGal wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:55 am Is that possible so young?
Yes you can get them from age 10 although the one I’ve got my eye on starts from 11.
L did a driving experience on his 11th birthday. He got to drive cars from the transformers films. He loved it.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I'm pretty much done! Cube wanted a load of lego, an xbox game and The Game of Life, Betty lots of Harry Potter stuff and Elf all sorts. I got most of it in Smyths today and now I just need some clothes for Betty, stocking fillers for all of them and some lights to go up in Cube's gaming room (aka the conservatory).

Tomorrow I'm going to sort and wrap them hopefully!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I would dearly love to buy Chunk the Percy Pig onesie but I think I’ve missed out. :(
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

There's 2 10-11 on the website?
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Won’t let me check out. :lg:
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Does anyone know if the Jumanji board game is any good?
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

My kids like it. I’ve never actually played it with them though.