Black Friday

Lily
Picker-Lily

Re: Black Friday

Post by Lily »

Bugger, thanks anyway Emma!

I feel like I ought to spit on principle. But I now buy all my books from Bookshop.org, so I make up for it, and I should do the Smile thing too.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Tabitha

Post by Tabitha »

That dress is wonderful.
Derek Nimmo wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:41 am Tabs, I'm doing a basket dance with these - the reviews say that they hold up to headphones 4x their price.
Thanks Del, they might well fit the bill. I find there is too much choose and it doesn’t really interest me so it’s nice to have a suggestion.
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

I've just bought some pillows and mattress protectors and I'm also going to get some more smart plugs.

I'm tempted by the Ooni but I've got quite a lot to buy for the new house (including an actual oven!) so I'm thinking it over.
Little My

Post by Little My »

I'm not really seeing any good deals so far. I just bought a watercolour paint set from Amazon that was in my cart anyway that happened to be a Prime deal today, so that was good.

Sadly I have to go shopping on Saturday with my offspring that failed to get winter boots on the last attempt. There are some good deals on those, but the shops will be incredibly busy. I will be getting out there early!!
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I bought some discounted replacement heads for my electric toothbrush on Amazon :ballet:
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I got a Rose Damask gift set (full size bath oil, small bath and shower oil, face, hair and body mask, body cream and a wooden massage comb thing) from Aromatherapy Associates down from £122 to £61, and I had points to spend that got me another £35 off.

I am also dithering about a Babyliss Curl Secret thing that is down to £49 from £120 on Amazon. Since I discovered I have curly hair I want more curls :)). S says they are lethal, though, so I can't decide.

ETA if you are still dancing with the headphones, Del, I have an Anker speaker which is remarkable for the money. Until I bought it I hadn't come across the brand, but can definitely recommend it on the strength of that.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Thanks Morgs, I'm not concerned about the brand - just trying not to buy yet something else that I don't really need!
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I bought more leggings from Sweaty Betty, as they have 25% off everything.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Beena

Post by Beena »

I've made the most of the Glossier discount and replaced a lot of our makeup. I'm dithering about ordering some Christmas bits from Anthropologie (although the garage's refusal to Black Friday the repairs to the car, the bits might be a no. )
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Oh yes, Anthro has 25% off everything!

I ordered a replacement grey Ittala glass tea light holder from Skandium as one of my three cracked in the shipping. I bought a festive red one too. There was only 1 in stock or I’d have bought three!
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Morganna wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:38 pm
I am also dithering about a Babyliss Curl Secret thing that is down to £49 from £120 on Amazon. Since I discovered I have curly hair I want more curls :)). S says they are lethal, though, so I can't decide.
I have one of these and love it!It creates curls which actually stay put.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Lola

Post by Lola »

We’ve gone mad in our house :ella: New kettle & toaster, bread bin, kitchen bin, and a nespresso machine.
Margo

Post by Margo »

I’ve just ordered quite a lot from M&S but none of it was reduced. I don’t have it in me to look for cheaper versions of what I’ve ordered so happy with my haul 😊

I’m looking out for some new boots though, but can’t find exactly what I want, gah!
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

It’s not really Black Friday but I just snagged a lovely wool cashmere coat from COS for half price. I also ordered a pair of lululemon leggings at 20% off to replace the pair I’ve work through…
Luna

Post by Luna »

I've just ordered more Redken acidic bonding shampoo and conditioner as this stuff is fab.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I've ordered the lovely Aesop handwash and some The Ordinary stuff from Space NK. I have £100 on a gift card for Currys to use up at some point (courtesy of office staff reward scheme points last Christmas), but no particular inspiration.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Inspired by Pip's mention of thermal leggings, I've just ordered another couple of pairs, a fleecy hoodie for Gannet and two pairs of Merino socks from Mountain Warehouse. All were discounted anyway but also had an extra 10% off.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

emma_p wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:49 pm I ordered a replacement grey iittala glass tea light holder from Skandium as one of my three cracked in the shipping. I bought a festive red one too. There was only 1 in stock or I’d have bought three!
The red tea light holder is so, so lovely. I had to order 2 more from another website :l:
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

I've not seen the red one here at all, Emma, though I may be thinking of a different holder.

After our big sort out, I've ordered a King size comforter, three sets of sheets, two mattress pads. two heated blankets, Philosophy shower gels and two Christmas tree toppers - one angel and one star. All were bargains and our old bedding and towels will be dropped off at the animal rescue.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

This is the red candle holder.
68335BC9-CC65-4C74-81B7-5C23432362AE.jpeg
New bed linen and towels is such a treat!