Healthy eating 2021

nineseven

Re: Healthy eating 2021

Post by nineseven »

I do a weekly average too Skips. If you click on the nutrition tab on MFP and look at calories in the week view it averages them for you. I tend to jot it in a notebook too.
I find it helpful to aim for a range rather than a strict daily calorie goal (which may explain why my weight loss has been so slow, but it’s been very sustainable!).
Lola

Post by Lola »

I was going to suggest Nutracheck too as it has the easier days function.

Anyway I didn’t join WW. Sod that shit :ttth: :lol:

At the moment I’m trying to cut down on the sugary snacks & keep my meals to a reasonably amount. I’ll use Nutracheck if I have to but I find counting calories can mess my head up sometimes.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I’m still pootling along here. I’m exercising less as I’m working more but I’m maintaining nicely anyway.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing on this rather dead thread!

I decided to keep losing a little more, nothing drastic but it's very slow anyway. It's just fine-tuning at this stage. As of December 30th it will be a year since I started. I'm so glad I found a way to drop the on/off wagon mentality - it's made such a difference to me.

I hope maintenance is continuing nicely, Est.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I’m steady at 51kg now. Despite the lack of exercise currently.

Glad it’s going well for you too! It’s such a mindset thing isn’t it? I’m totally still in the zone 14 months on.

How’s everyone else doing?
Little My

Post by Little My »

That sounds very sensible, Bea. Glad maintenance is going well for you, Nine and Est.

I am making progress with sensible diet changes. Scale is going in the right direction. I could use more exercise, but I'm having to be careful as I've injured my knee although I am still quite active. I'm trying to make this sustainable, and not miserable.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Sustainable is definitely the main thing.
Little My wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:00 pm That sounds very sensible, Bea. Glad maintenance is going well for you, Nine and Est.
Thank you, but I decided to carry on losing for a bit :mrgreen: Still at a snail's pace, patiently riding out my monthly two-week stalls/gains. Not sure where I'll end up yet, but it's not far off now. The last 5lb have made a significant difference.

That's a very good loss, Beatrix!
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Bea, that’s great work!

I have lost more weight this week due to moving house stress. I’m literally the lightest I’ve been in my adult life. Im trying to rectify this by eating scones with jam and cream and drinking wine tonight.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Gah, be careful Est and enjoy your scones! Have you always undereaten at times of stress? I am the opposite. :look:
Skips

Post by Skips »

I am the opposite which is why at the moment I cannot stop eating.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I’m usually the opposite but just now I’m running on nervous tension, coffee, protein bars and wine. Not healthy. Must try harder.
Roma

Post by Roma »

I’m aiming to maintain for the rest of this month, but in the new year I’d like to lose a few more kg.
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Roma wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:53 pm I’m aiming to maintain for the rest of this month, but in the new year I’d like to lose a few more kg.
That sounds like an excellent plan Roma! I've dropped one more kg and perhaps that's what I should just be satisfied with for the festive season. Tomorrow is the St Nicholas celebrations over here, which basically involves mucho food and then we have the run-up to Christmas, so I think maintaining is the best bet!
Roma

Post by Roma »

That’s it Dutchie. There will be Christmas and New Year celebrations and I’m hopefully away over the festive period. It seems much easier to maintain in December and then lose a bit more in the first few months of the new year after all the festivities are over.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I’ll definitely be in maintenance mode over Christmas, but I’m not a big all-month celebrator so it will only be for a few days.

I just had a routine smear and the nurse did a few other checks and described me as “slim”!! Even on her scales, my BMI was 23 (down from 30) and my blood pressure (taken straight after a smear test which I find far from relaxing) was safely in the normal range after years of high readings in doctor’s surgeries. Hurray!
Roma

Post by Roma »

nineseven wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:27 pm I’ll definitely be in maintenance mode over Christmas, but I’m not a big all-month celebrator so it will only be for a few days.

I just had a routine smear and the nurse did a few other checks and described me as “slim”!! Even on her scales, my BMI was 23 (down from 30) and my blood pressure (taken straight after a smear test which I find far from relaxing) was safely in the normal range after years of high readings in doctor’s surgeries. Hurray!
That’s brilliant Nine! It’s so nice to know that all your hard work has paid of and that you’re so much healthier now.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Seeing what a positive impact changing your lifestyle has on your health is so good. Well done, Nine!
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Thank you both! As of this morning I have lost precisely 25% of my starting weight :ballet:

I was asked to share a headshot of myself with the company I'm working for and I realised I have no current pictures of myself*. The last proper shots I had taken were a few years ago and several stone heavier - looking at them made me realise how different I look now.

* Not sure they want progress selfies of me in my PE kit

How is everyone? Skips, are you continuing with the new WW?
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I took a few bad selfies through the process and here’s my face to face comparison (I’m about 3kg lighter now than in that “after” shot and you prompted me to calculate that I lost 30% of my body weight!)
Skips

Post by Skips »

You can really see the difference! You've lost over a quarter if your old self which is incredible!

I really hate the new WW plan, I need structure and restriction, not extra points for drinking water (tea and coffee don't count) or more for eating vegetables. I liked that I could eat what I wanted so long as I stayed within my points allowance before but the new plan seemed like a hybrid blue/purple plan and it just doesn't work for me.

I've been trying calorie counting but again, it doesn't seem to work, I've used all my calories up by lunch.

I think I'm going to try itrackbites (or healthii as it's now called) and use their version of the green plan. In the new year I might upgrade to the pro version as that allows you to roll over points/bites to the following day. I'm just going to try and maintain between now and then.