Covid-19

Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Re: Covid-19

Post by Smunder Woman »

Dutchie, my niece's first symptom was vomiting everywhere out of the blue.
Luce

Post by Luce »

We had really similar yesterday with Fe and a headache! I’m so confused though because it was classic migraine behaviour for him - he woke up with a splitting headache, feeling sick, didn’t like the light etc. He then slept for 4 straight hours and woke up at lunch time completely fine - his normal migraine behaviour. He also had a mental appetite and didn’t stop eating all day! No fever, no snot, no loss of appetite, no fatigue etc. But I still have no idea if I should try and get a PCR for him or leave the tests to someone more likely to actually have it. Urgh, I hate all this confusion.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

That 100% sounds like a migraine to me Luce.
Luce

Post by Luce »

It follows his absolute usual pattern, he's gets one once a year and they seem to be hormonal for him. Now he’s 13 I’m sure it will ramp up. But we could just do without during these times especially as headache seems to be such an indicator. I think he he gets the headache back or gets even one additional symptom then we’ll try and find a PCR then.

Oh my sister who was genuinely scared about her breathing on Weds now feels almost completely normal. It’s so fast!
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Jake's second day home today, although he does seem a bit better. I'll do another LFT in a bit...
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

Sam had one massive vomit before testing positive last year. I put it down to a reaction to his fever but sounds like it was a symptom as well. Fingers crossed symptoms continue to be short lived and house mates negative (I didn't get it when S and D had it).

I managed to order a couple of packs of LFTs last week and now keep getting messages saying I've order another lot and they'll be delivered in the next 3 days. I don't know yet whether I should expect a deluge of tests or if the person who runs the confirmation email list used to work at Joe Browns :lol:
Luce

Post by Luce »

I saw my GP friend the other day who gave me a box of LFTs (she had piles of them in their office!) and it felt like a drug deal!
Little My

Post by Little My »

I did a rapid test last night, and it was negative. I just did the nasal swab though.

So confusing.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I capitulated and did the form filling which actually wasn’t as onerous as the first one. I made myself happier about the whole sorry week by selecting “GetF*ckedBoris” as my password. It might have to be my password to everything now.
Disco

Post by Disco »

:mog: That's a great password. I might make it my Government Gateway password.
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

We had another press conference tonight and the country has opened up a bit more now. As of tomorrow, non-essential shops are open till 5 pm, universities/colleges are back to in-person learning, hairdressers & beauty salons are open again and gyms/sporting facilities are allowed to re-open. I feel for the hospitality sector as they are still firmly shut.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I probably mentioned before but I was exposed to covid last Saturday. Came down with a heavy head cold/sore throat Monday night but was still testing negative. So gave up testing after a few days.

Today I'm wondering why the cold is lingering as I normally shrug them off after 48hrs or so and then I realised I couldn't taste anything.

Of course I test positive tonight 😩🤒
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Oh no Duo- get better soon!
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

:hug: Hopefully you are over the worst of it already
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

Thanks I think that I'm over the worst of it. Unfortch I've passed it to Mr D 😒
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

M has had the same story, Duo. He's had a 'cold' for a few days, tested negative on Thursday when I forced him to test, then positive today. He's going to try to get a PCR test tomorrow. I am so far ok.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I hope he's ok

I just have a heavy head, that lingering cold feeling.

I've alerted everyone I've been in contact with, thankfully no one indoors.

Track and trace or whatever the Scottish equivalent is, called me just to confirm and told me that I'd done all the right things and as long as I don't spend longer than 15 mins at a distance less than 1 metre outdoors with someone outwith my bubble then it's ok as I told them that I've got no one to walk Innes.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Thanks. He can stay indoors and we can sit in separate rooms for most of the time until he's clear. He's probably over the worst, unless it does that thing of coming back after you start to feel better. It's just been like a heavy cold up to now.
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

I hope symptoms remain mild for everyone affected. There have been a couple of positive cases in S’s class over the weekend so I’m anticipating an upswing in numbers again.

We had friends to stay this weekend and one of them’s a neuro consultant. He said that viruses don’t like to be too aggressive because if they kill off their hosts then they die out too. Generally viruses become more transmissible but less virulent as time goes on. He also said omicron seems to effect upper respiratory tracts which is partly why people have been less ill with it. Alpha and delta targeted the lower respiratory tract. So that seems positive, if a little way off right now.
Bendywendywoo

Post by Bendywendywoo »

I find it oddly comforting that Covid needs us alive 😂
Heartsick.blog