January fitness

H1ppychick

Re: January fitness

Post by H1ppychick »

BodyPump tonight with the handsome Antipodean, it was exactly what I needed after a full-on work day.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve just done tomorrow’s HIIT. Today is supposed to be a rest day but I felt like getting ahead. There’s only 1 I’ve not yet done and it’s not one I fancy much and my fitness tests were an improvement so I’m not going to beat myself up about it. I’m also not going to bother with the Pilates since I go to hour long classes that are way better than the versions on offer.

I also held plank for a full minute at the end, just because I felt like trying it. :))
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:02 pm I’ve just done tomorrow’s HIIT.
Keen!

Just under 10 miles of super hilly, muddy trails today (although we did all come back 2 miles on the road as we were knackered :lol:)
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Wasn’t feeling the love for exercise today but made myself do it anyway - 2 x upper body Pumps (2 x chest, back and shoulders) plus arms.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Dance Step was a new routine this morning and coupled with the fact I’d not quite nailed the last one, my head is a bit mashed as well as my legs!
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

2 mile recovery jog on achey legs!
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I’m struggling with motivation just now. But eventually made myself do Body Step when I logged off from work this afternoon. Did Remix 2 which is my favourite.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve done Pump & Balance this morning. I was going to go to kettlebells this evening as I usually go on a Monday, but I might have to take Chunk to his basketball session tonight so I’ve cancelled. Plus it’s a Monday, I’m more up for all the workouts on a Friday.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Pump today - 116 upper and 111 upper short (not feeling the squats and lunges this week!)
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

We walked a lot over the weekend.

2 x 12 minute run this evening. It was so cold out :cold:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Club run last night - 4.5 miles fairly slow & steady plus 0.8 of a mile slow jog from the station to get there!

That was only the second time I’ve tried to go straight from work and it was logistically a bit of a faff but it was worth it.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Just walking yesterday and Pump 103 this morning.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I’ve found that there’s an all female running group that meets on Wednesday evenings not far from my house, so I may join them. They do a 4km or 7km run each week.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That sounds cool. Do it.

I’m having a little break to see if the twitch was a muscle strain. I’m sure it’s not, but… That’s said I walked yesterday so today was the rest.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I think my hip thing from the weekend is probably a mild groin strain. It seems to have been much better today but we’ll see how much the standing around and jiggling about at drum group for 80 minutes or so this evening might have annoyed it in the morning. I hope it’s fine, because, any remaining mild pain aside, I’ve missed going to the gym, I’ve not been since Saturday and that’s probably the longest gap I’ve had since I rejoined in July.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Hope you’re both feeling better now!

I felt like killing my legs today so did Step 119 which is full of squats and lunges.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

A walk last night and just over 5km run/walk tonight. We're still on 2 x 12 minutes.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Back to real life Pilates tonight.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

I hope you like the running group, Est.

Hill repeats with my club tonight. Not very quick but I’m tired 😴
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I made it every morning this week to the gym or my class, but I’m losing Mondays for the foreseeable due to driving to Surrey.

I’m 95% sure somebody was taking photographs of me this evening. I saw a flash whilst in a headstand and as I registered what it was, there was another. I’m there most Fridays at the same time doing the same sort of stuff and I’m unsure what else he was photographing me do tonight and whether it was a one off or not.

If I was 100% sure I’d have asked him outright. Instead, I gave some pretty hard stares and as I walked out past him, I said loudly “I’d turn the flash off next time”.