Testing times - Covid in 2022

speedy gonzalez

Re: Testing times - Covid in 2022

Post by speedy gonzalez »

Hope you're soon feeling better Five.
Mr Speedy had to have a chest xray yesterday because he's still coughing. Luckily that was clear and if he's still coughing in two weeks time it's a referral to the long covid clinic. When he had it March 2020 he took 14 weeks to stop coughing.
He gets moaned when when he works from home because they prefer him on site. Then when he's on site they moan because of his coughing. He's getting so fed up.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

So it finally got me too. Either MrE had it last week but never tested positive (3 tests a mix of saliva ones and nasal swabs) or I’ve got it from just being out and about. Feeling not bad - dry cough, headache, sweaty and achey.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

How's Mr. Speedy? I can't imagine this cough going on for 14 weeks. I think I've turned a corner, my cough stopped in the night and I had four hours of sleep. Mr 5 still has not tested positive and he's had no symptoms.

How are you feeling, Hazey?

I hope your case stays mild, Est.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Oh no Est, on your birthday as well!

Glad that you’ve turned the corner Five, fingers crossed for a speedy recovery here on in.

Was shattered over the weekend and had a couple of long naps but I still feel a bit tired, and I know I’d be out of breath if I had to walk up the stairs, same as after a normal cold. Other than that no real symptoms and my blocked nose is clearing up.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

How are you doing Five and Est?

I asked just less than a week ago what the chances are of testing negative by today are, as I was supposed to be boarding a boat to go to Norway today. I have of course now tested negative, but wouldn't have been allowed on my cruise because I tested positive in the last 14 days so it's a good job we've postponed our trip. Still a bit tired but that's also my default state anyway.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I’m wiped out to be honest. I reckon I was awake for about three hours total yesterday. My head is killing me and I feel like I’ve been beaten up. My nose is super stuffed today too. But I’ve no chesty symptoms except an occasional stupid fake sounding dry cough. I’ve had awful night sweats though - proper change all my clothes type. The rest of the household seems ok still for now though.

Were you able to reschedule your trip, Hazey?
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Getting better, thanks, but tired like Est. When will you be able to go on your trip to Norway?
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

9th of next month. Can’t wait!!!
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Not long now! We are flying to London and then driving up to Edinburgh in one month. Everyone keeps asking me what I want to do/see and I can't imagine doing anything except going out for a coffee.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Maybe check out Superbloom at the Tower of London. It should be looking good by then. There’s going to be a slide :)).

https://www.hrp.org.uk/tower-of-london/ ... #gs.0mby4f
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Ooh that looks great Ella, thanks for posting.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I’m going to be volunteering at it at some point. Hope I get a free go on the slide :community-minded:.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

That looks amazing! Thank you
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Ah! Good timing! I want to see that, and had forgotten! Am off to London in summer for a delayed 40th trip, and I've asked for that to be on the list. I'll wave at anyone who might be you, Ella.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

I volunteered for the Moderna mRNA-1273-P305 clinical trial (testing the effectiveness of boosters), and today was given either the Moderna vaccine already in use, or an investigational Moderna Omicron vaccine.

My commitment lasts a year, during which time I'll have four more visits to the hospital, and four telephone interviews. I also have to keep a diary.

I feel a bit tired with a bit of a headache, but that may be as a result of today being quite full on with lots of questions and tests before I was jabbed. It was at St Thomas' Hospital, Westminster, and I did have a great spot with a view of Westminster Bridge and the Thames, so it could have been worse!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

That sounds really interesting, Rosa!
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Someone I was in several meetings with yesterday (including an hour in her office sitting next to her) has just tested positive for Covid. She was really bunged up but thought it was hay fever until she did a test this morning. I don’t quite know what to do, I’m in work today because I have a f2f meeting with someone shortly, plus Mr C is off to the US on Sunday although he’s just had it so is presumably more immune. I feel fine (no symptoms) and will test as soon as I get home. I can wear a mask in my meeting too obviously. At least it’s a quiet day in the office!

Am I missing anything I should be doing?
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

That sounds fine to me - I'd have thought even if she'd given it to you, you'd not yet be contagious?
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I'm not sure MrC is honestly that well protected just from having it recently (because of all of the variants, etc.) but I think wearing a mask and keeping the meeting room window/door open sound like a plan. Hope you both manage to avoid getting it.

A guy in my team (I honestly have my doubts about him anyway, so this might be a bitch-eating-crackers response) told me his wife had tested positive yesterday so he'd be a bit late to work today as he had to do the nursery drop-off. Just because you can... (It's a very supportive workplace and I'd definitely have cut him slack for any childcare issues, plus he can work from home so :sman:.)
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

I guess if his wife is isolating and he’s not been in contact :look: and with Covid over anol

fortunately I’m working from home all next week so hopefully that will limit the chances of me passing it on. Mr C has a Covid test booked tomorrow before he flies on Sunday too. I don’t really see how I’ll have avoided it though, I read somewhere that immunity is at its lowest at the moment because of time since the booster and the new variants.