Re: Time For A Change

Post by Annabella »

Congratulations Skips!
Fingers crossed Duo
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

That’s a lot of hoops, Duo. Is it an American company?

Congratulations, Skips.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Well done Skips, and everything crossed, Duo.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

Yes it's another US company. They'll need to offer a fair whack for me to leave my current post but I'm now curious to see how far it goes.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Beena

Post by Beena »

Congratulations Skips! That's really exciting!

Fingers crossed Duo (though I do think you're insane putting yourself through all of that).

I'm struggling to decide whether to apply for another role or not. The form is completed and all I need to do is hit submit, but I really don't know. How do you decide? I've been going round and round in circles for weeks with it. It was so much easier when I hated where I worked.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

JUST DO IT BEENA. :drill:
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Nothing ventured nothing gained Beena!
Skips

Post by Skips »

Yes, you don't lose anything by pressing submit.
Beena

Post by Beena »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:43 pm JUST DO IT BEENA. :drill:
:lol:

I'm going to sleep on it, I think.
Lola

Post by Lola »

You can always withdraw it. Just do it!
Beena

Post by Beena »

Ordinarily I wouldn't worry, but it's a small community with limited options and it all feels way more political than it should. I'm also privy to information which is making me think on, but I just don't know how things will pan out.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Congratulations on the new offer, Skips, and good luck with the rest of your round, Duo.

And you should definitely apply Beena.

I saw a job posted internally recently that I was actually interested in/excited about. But it had been so long since I’ve seen anything my CV was woefully out of date. Anyway, I’ve been working on it at an absolute snails pace (is anything more tortuous? :ruby: ) and finally pushed it to good enough to apply this evening. I am not expecting anything especially as at this point the posting has been up for over two weeks, and it went external too, so there are almost certainly hundreds of applicants. Anyway. First one for years and at least my CV is updated and usable now.
F'Artiste

Post by F'Artiste »

Well done Skips!!

Good luck Duo and Epp.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

That’s great news Skip, well done!

Good luck Duo and Epp!
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I'd apply for it anyway Beena, you've nothing to lose.

Good luck Epp
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Beena

Post by Beena »

Epponnee Rae wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:42 am First one for years and at least my CV is updated and usable now.
Any news, Epp?

I applied, got offered an interview, but I decided to withdraw. My heart wasn't really in it. I'm not sure what my heart is in.

Still, at least my CV is up to date and going through the process made me realise where there are gaps in my CPD. So not wasted.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

It’s like a merry go round where I work at the moment with people leaving or changing jobs internally left, right and center. I’ve decided to join them and apply for one of them too. Job description wants the moon on a stick for the next grade up from me which is laughable but sod it I’m bored after 5 years where I am and a nightmare secondment behind me
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Good luck!
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Good luck HJ!

I’ve had no news on my one internal application. I am assuming I have not even made the shortlist for screening interviews. That sounds pessimistic but the posting opened about 5 weeks ago and I applied about 10 days later, and granted our HR team is both (ironically) short staffed AND typically a bit rubbish, but if I was in consideration I think I’d have heard something by now.

My skin is veeeerrrry thin at the moment so trying VERY hard not to take it personally when I know I meet all of the criteria and still don’t get a look in as an internal applicant. I suppose the external applicant pool must be really strong, which isn’t surprising. I’ve been keeping an eye on the internal job board and nothing has come close in the last three weeks to something I’d want or be qualified to do. I need to start seriously looking at other orgs and preparing myself for a heinous pay cut :cry:
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Good luck, Hazey!

And that does sound disheartening, Epp. Is it the kind of organisation where you can ask for feedback on your application? (We are obliged to do so in our place)

I’ve been in my role for 7 months now and am enjoying it a lot. It’s where I wanted to get to really in terms of seniority and subject matter. But my Director has got a new role and they’re advertising it shortly. I don’t like the guy who they’re putting in short term to back fill and I kind of dread him getting it permanently. It’s too soon for me to make that next jump up. And while I do eventually want to move to that level, I don’t think I want that particular role (it bridges my area plus more technical areas).