Chaos at airports?

Derek Nimmo

Re: Chaos at airports?

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Did they tell her to book flights under her own steam or offer alternative ines? If the former, they should be liable. Also, did she book with a credit card? When I had an issue with Easyjet I handed everything over to Amex and the dispute was sorted in 24 hours.
Dáire

Post by Dáire »

There was an article in the Guardian about this very issue. They have to put her on the next available flight regardless of the airline or the cost. What they're doing is picking shit flights for people. If she found quicker tickets, they must pay, because that was the flight they should have put her on.

They only have to pay for the same class, though. If she booked first class and her originals were economy, she wouldn't get the extra back, only the economy price.

I'll go find it.

Edit, haven't found it yet but this is the same story with the same rights listed https://granthshala.com/my-flight-was-h ... -a-refund/
Last edited by Dáire on Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Did she accept a refund on the original flights? Apparently that can make a difference. We were discussing this at work this week but I wasn’t paying enough attention.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Thanks everyone - I shall pass info on. I think they are already on dodgy ground as apparently they just told everyone they had to rebook their own flights (didn't even try to find them alternative routes, options or rebook them) and they would be compensated.
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

kiwi wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:33 am Is it full of drunk Welsh people Cos? If so then we are back to t least some semblance of normality.
Less drunk Welsh than usual but plenty of people drinking at the bar at 6:45.it always amazes me, I just couldn't cope at all
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

My passport has arrived! It took three weeks.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

:frolic:

We fly out of Manchester on Tuesday, I’ve paid for extra hand luggage in case our cases (😂) don’t arrive, so I’m hoping for the hassle of having to manoeuvre checking in three suitcases, and then also handle a pram, two children, multiple rucksacks and a carry on case that it’ll all work out fine for the inconvenience :))
Little My

Post by Little My »

Good luck!

I keep meaning to look up what our hand luggage allowance is, and figure out if we could get away with no checked bags. Probably not..
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

We flew from Heathrow (T5) last week and it was fantastic. On the way back we had to wait over an hour for our baggage, but other than that I can't fault it.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Lily wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:07 am We flew from Heathrow (T5) last week and it was fantastic. On the way back we had to wait over an hour for our baggage, but other than that I can't fault it.
Mr R had a very smooth experience at T5 on Saturday too.

However, while his BA flight to LAX left only 20 minutes late, the (also BA) flight before it had been cancelled. The AA flight to LA that should have left around the same time as his flight was delayed by 5 hours.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I thought I'd update on the old passport application.

I'm now 8 weeks in and the tracker has rolled back to application submitted. :woteva:

My friend whose husband stupidly booked a holiday and paid x amount to fly to Belfast to fast track his application STILL doesn't have his passport. That was a couple of months ago I think

They supposedly fly out on the 1st and he's tried everything to speed things up.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I don't know if any of these might help him?
289277225_10166475490725483_5363484949674800292_n.jpg
Also it seems to work if you simply turn up at a passport office, even though they say not to.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

Lily wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:39 am I don't know if any of these might help him?

289277225_10166475490725483_5363484949674800292_n.jpg

Also it seems to work if you simply turn up at a passport office, even though they say not to.
Thank you!

I've passed it on.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

My MP has said that she will chasing up passport applications so that might be worth a try too.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Even my awful MP helped with passport stuff last time it was an issue. 2015?

C has reported live from Birmingham this afternoon to say security was an awfully long queue. But he’s through now and getting food before his flight.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

He's tried our local MP, I'm not sure how much help Wee Ronnie is in these situations :))

Thanks for all the suggestions.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Princess Morripov

I’ve created my own additional chaos by booking meet & great at the wrong terminal, and obviously there’s no availability at the right one.

My flight time has changed too so I’m wondering if the fuckers have switched terminal too and I didn’t realise (flights and parking booked in Jan) because I never got a notification of the flight time changing, I just noticed it was different when I checked in. YAY! :lol:
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Oh what a pain!

As Terminals that were closed for covid have reopened there has definitely been reshuffling. Everything was going from Gatwick North when we flew in March but that obviously changed once South came back into use.T4 at Heathrow has only just got going again
Princess Morripov

So schlepping 4 cases, a double buggy and two small chaps from terminal 2 to terminal 3 via a bus at 4.30am was 11/10 on creating pre-check in stress but check in/security was absolutely fine, and once we got to T3 we were through to departures within 40 minutes. The queue for food was terrible and I then had about 30 seconds to buy a new perfume so fuck knows if it’s nice :lol:
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Are the boys ready to burst?