Glasses Online

Bat Macdui

Glasses Online

Post by Bat Macdui »

I am sure we've done this before, but always good to have a new look. :)) I want to buy some varifocal prescriptions sunglasses, preferably online. Please can you recommend places? The number of available sites seems to have multiplied exponentially since I last looked. I am not massively fussed about posh/designer frames, more a decently robust pair that can be swapped about when hiking/driving easily, so will stand up to being chucked onto the passenger seat and stuffed into rucksack pockets etc.

Please and thank you.
Margo

Re: Glasses Online

Post by Margo »

Morning! I’ve bought from Selectspecs and Firmoo; both times it’s been an easy process and the glasses are fab! My first Selectspecs pair were about £9, so not expensive at all to replace.

My Firmoo pairs were more expensive, but I’ve just looked and they’re £5 a pair now! Gold glitter Cateye frames, which I also bought in pink glitter… possibly not to everyone’s taste but I adore them 😊
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I’ve had no problems with Glasses Direct
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

My best pair of cheap glasses were with another company, I think it was called speckyfoureyes, or something like that? It was via an MSE code offer on certain designer brands, the ones I ordered were Animal. They took much longer to arrive than from GD but were bang on when they did, and they’re still my preferred pair of computer distance prescription glasses.

I’ve not ordered varifocals online before, since pupil positioning within the lens is more important there, but I’m probably being overly cautious and it’s meant I’ve paid the exorbitant high street prices each time thus far.

Anyway it might be worth checking MSE to see if there are any offers about, if not then GD are always good value.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I use Glasses Direct, and can recommend them. If you have varifocals you have to send them a photo of your face with a credit card on your forehead which is a bit strange, but they use it to measure your pupil distance and you only have to do it once.

I used Goggles4you once (they are a lot cheaper), and they didn't do that. It made a huge difference. I have never used the glasses.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Thank you, that's really useful. Especially being mentally prepared for balancing a credit card on my nose. :))

If I was buying varifocals for more day to day stuff; reading, computer work, I'd have it all sorted in person but my main aim is to have something to swap to when outside that doesn't cause my eyes to curl up and die in my own head. Which is what happened the time I tried swapping clear varifocals for my prescription sunglasses that just have a distance prescription. Also, it'd be nice to able to check maps in them without holding said maps three feet from face. :))
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Let me know how you get on please. I have varifocal glasses with reactolite lenses which are great for outside but absolutely rubbish for driving as they obviously don't darken.

I'm wearing an old pair of distance prescription sunglasses but that means I have to lift them up to see my speed limiter settings (don't want more points on my licence) :look: 😎
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.