Renovating Nince Towers

emma_p

Re: Renovating Nince Towers

Post by emma_p »

Your bedroom looks so lovely and calming! I really love the setting plaster in there, it looks so good.

Moving and unpacking is really no joke, it's really good that you can take the time to sort through stuff though. Honestly, I still have boxes from the US that I need to sort through :uhh:

Hurrah for the kitchen table fitting!
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

Your house looks gorgeous nine, and don’t worry about unpacking, we moved here is the december and I don’t think we were fully unpacked till early Feb, you need to find where things “fit”
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Happy Back Home Day Nine. Hope you have a lovely sleep in your new bedroom tonight
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Annabella wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:23 pm Happy Back Home Day Nine. Hope you have a lovely sleep in your new bedroom tonight
Ah thank you! I already have as I moved in yesterday. It’s so nice having my bedroom back.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Back down to earth with a bump now. I have spent the morning so far sorting out aggressive debt repayments (it's all at 0% so I am preserving some savings and paying the debts off before the 0% period ends).

Next step is making sure the kitchen is in the right state to be painted on Monday. Oh, and more unpacking/decluttering (and work).
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

You're an amateur Jude - I still have a couple of boxes lurking from a January move :)) Unpacking is the biggest ballache.

Hope the finishing touches all go well Nine, and that you finally get some time to enjoy it!
Lola

Post by Lola »

Do they have to take the doors off to paint them, Nine? This is probably a silly question :))

Not long to go now! Please show us a picture of the kitchen when it’s completely done :nosy:
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

That is a beautiful colour for a bedroom, nine. So calming!
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Lola wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:34 am Do they have to take the doors off to paint them, Nine? This is probably a silly question :))
They should. Only my front door was painted though (the rest are wood [indoors] or aluminium [outdoors]). My moronic decorator did not take off my front door to paint it, or indeed open her eyes. It’s fixed now though.
rosy

Post by rosy »

That's a lovely bedroom colour, nine.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Your house looks fabulous. I don't think I've ever had a house that was all newly decorated at once :)).
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I am very much enjoying having a big kitchen with lots of work surfaces and a window and not having to go outside to the fridge, dishwasher and microwave 😍 I’d got used to cobbling together meals in a space that was smaller than some people’s wardrobes and having to put pans on the floor.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I know exactly that feeling and can concur, it is excellent :love2:.
Vegas

Post by Vegas »

Oh god unpacking. It's hell.

Welcome home though nince!
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

How did the kitchen painting go? :weewee:
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

The painter’s previous job overran so he’s starting tomorrow #neverending
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Gaaaah! Good luck for tomorrow.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

My kitchen’s current status:

I’d already had to patch up an area of peeling wall paint (revealing fresh plaster) when I first moved back in. Unfortunately I’m not sure the walls were primed properly, if at all, as this tape is taking off the is the wall paint.
I think I’m going to have to get the room repainted but I’ll make a call on it later.

It didn’t happen when I had my units painted in my flat and the kitchen spray painter says it only really happens when the walls haven’t been prepped properly.

The colour match looks good though.

It feels neverending.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Sounds like they haven't been mist coated. I'd be having more words with your builder if he employed the painter.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I will be.