Wendy’s Weekend Wonderings

wendy james

Wendy’s Weekend Wonderings

Post by wendy james »

What do you have planned?

We’re all heading to London today and P and I are going to the theatre this evening. It was his suggestion so I hope we enjoy it!

I’m jumping on an early train back to Bath and stopping by an outdoor rings class. Once I’m home though, I have a shit tonne of work to get through before they follow on Sunday. I have nice meals planned though.
Texaco Shirley

Re: Wendy’s Weekend Wonderings

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Holiday prep mostly. The holiday includes MrTex’s niece’s wedding so as well as the usual holiday clothes we need to get smart trousers for the boys and new shoes (which will ultimately be school shoes) for L.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

What are you seeing, Wendy?

It’s our last full day at the beach, tomorrow morning I’ll be driving back to Seville and we’ve got three days there. I plan to do a lot of tapas eating, sightseeing, walking, shopping and eating loads of ice cream as I’ve not had any so far this holiday :shock:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Mad House with Bill Pullman and David Harbour. Skips saw it the other week.

Happy travels all! Where’s the wedding Tex?
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

The ceremony is at Pendennis Castle, reception in Holywell Bay. Miles apart but we’re staying at Holywell so it suits us.
Last edited by Texaco Shirley on Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Oh yes definitely better being closer to your bed at the end of the night!
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

After the busy weekend last week, I think this one will be quiet. There are odd jobs that need doing and possibly a bike ride but otherwise, a quiet and peaceful couple of days.

Enjoy London, Seville and the wedding :))
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Enjoy the play Wendy, I'll be interested to see what you think.

We were meant to be going to London this weekend too, but I'm not feeling very social and J is still struggling with pain so was happy to sack it off.

So, I now have a free weekend and I plan on doing very little apart from necessary housework.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

These sound like nice weekends.

I’m taking Squeak to a rugby teammate’s barbecue on Saturday afternoon and we’ve got the outdoor cinema booked at Calke Abbey on Sunday night.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Seville, plays and a wedding all sound good. What will you be doing for the day in London?

Today was meant to be gut the house day but I spent a good chunk of it at the garage. My sister is popping over for a cuppa in a moment and then I might head down to the beach again tonight. I really fancy a swim!

Tomorrow the local animal shelter is having their birthday party so it’ll be stalls, games, bouncy castles etc so I’ll go there with a picnic and then Sunday is similar but at the fire station so the kids will get to play with hoses and put a fire out etc.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

I would like to play with hoses at a fire station, can I come too Kleio?

Just about to head out to an Indian restaurant for my best friend here’s birthday, tomorrow is the main pride event in the city and I will meet friends from work for cocktails and then see Suzanne Vega in the evening then on Sunday dinner with a friend. So pretty busy which means no commonwealth watching :(
Little My

Post by Little My »

Some wonderful plans!

I am happily having a quiet one, since it's the first weekend back from holidays, and next weekend will be busy.

A bit of gardening, a lot of reading, soccer, swimming, and maybe some baking. I'm taking B out to a diner where I hope I will be able to enjoy a slice of hibiscus cheesecake. :ready:
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Hibiscus cheesecake sounds so good! I absolutely love hibiscus tea 🌺 How was your trip back to the UK?
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

emma_p wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:34 am What are you seeing, Wendy?

It’s our last full day at the beach, tomorrow morning I’ll be driving back to Seville and we’ve got three days there. I plan to do a lot of tapas eating, sightseeing, walking, shopping and eating loads of ice cream as I’ve not had any so far this holiday :shock:
What sights do you plan on seeing? Also, my menfolk want to know how on earth you remember the names of ice cream shops you like in other cities. :))

We have swapped city for beach so that’s where the boys want to go tomorrow.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I think we’ll go to the Alcazar, Cathedral, Plaza de España and Museo de Bellas Artes.

I take ice cream very seriously :)) (I’ve been to Seville loads as a base for travelling and have pinned everywhere I liked!)
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

We enjoyed a touch of silliness at Plaza de Espana. :))
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Love that pic Cerise! :lol:

No idea what our weekend plans are - tbh I didn't even know it was almost weekend. It is unbelievably hot here in the south of France so our plans will undoubtedly involve water!
Little My

Post by Little My »

emma_p wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:34 pm Hibiscus cheesecake sounds so good! I absolutely love hibiscus tea 🌺 How was your trip back to the UK?
I am so excited for the cheesecake. :lol:

Our trip back to the UK was great, thanks. Mostly nice to catch up with relatives and spend time with my Mum. It had been four years since we were last there, and it definitely feels less like home these days. The Icelandic adventures at either side were amazing - would highly recommend!

The in-laws managed to thwart my attempt to get gelato from my childhood seaside haunt. It looked sooo good as well!!