The Queen

Lily
Picker-Lily

Re: The Queen

Post by Lily »

The BBC have done splendidly on this. I'm waiting for their coverage of the Committal as Sky's is available but it really isn't as good.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Like an absolute mental I actual woke up with my alarm in the middle of the night to half watch/listen to some of the service. I thought the music and choir sounded wonderful, so I’m looking forward to catching up with the Windsor service at some point for that. I also appreciated the pointed remarks from senior clergy. It was an incredible spectacle, and I haven’t yet seen the whole cortège process through London. I also saw one of my old colleagues in the procession at the Abbey, as he’s now effectively its CEO.

Just reading about the rest of the day I have no idea how most of the RF hadn’t collapsed with exhaustion and hunger.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I really hope they have the day off today.

I finally caught up with the Windsor service which was absolutely beautiful and much more "her". Seeing the sceptre, orb and crown returned, and King Charles tearing up, finished me off - and Kirsty too.

Earlier I was particularly moved by the coffin going past the statues of her parents. How proud they must be of her; it is nice to think of her reunited with them and her sister, as well as with Prince Philip.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored