6 pack revolution

Texaco Shirley

Re: 6 pack revolution

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Into week 2 and we’ve had to concede that at least 1 meal replacement shake a day is necessary. The amount of food prep and clearing up is unsustainable otherwise. It might improve once we’ve worked our way through enough of the recipes to rule out the ones we don’t like and batch cook the rest.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Day 12. Photo day! There is a small but visible improvement.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I meant to ask you yesterday how it's going. So how are you faring with the meal replacement?

Is the viisible improvement all over generally or specifically the six pack region?
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

The meal replacement is fine so far, we only started it yesterday. It tastes nice and means I am cooking (and clearing up) 2 meals a day instead of 3. MrTex is doing the snacks.

It’s mostly in the abs area but I didn’t look that closely at my arms tbh. The other thing I have noticed is much clearer skin which is probably alcohol related.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Yes, I couldn't be doing with that level of preparation and clearing up each time. Do you feel hungry doing this?

12 days is great going!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Occasional hunger pangs but we eat so often we’re never going to starve :lol:

Only 63 days to go :mog:
Disco

Post by Disco »

I'd be worried I'd be desperate for a sugar and fat rush but I guess once you get into a head space and the zone and doing it with others helps to alleviate those types of cravings.
Texaco Shirley wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:03 pm Only 63 days to go :mog:
:mog:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

The food is all quite balanced. No white carbs or red meat but plenty of lean protein, eggs, veg etc. There’s a lot of full fat Greek yoghurt so fat cravings are really not an issue.
Last edited by Texaco Shirley on Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disco

Post by Disco »

That's good!

I can see me going nuts and eating 8 pints of ice cream if I did this.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

We’ve had ice cream as a snack recipe. Basically frozen Greek yoghurt but it works. Tonight’s final snack is going to be cherry and vanilla shake :))

It was challenge day today so I fully expect not to be able to lift my arms tomorrow.
Disco

Post by Disco »

How are your arms?

What's the actual exercise side of it like? Are you supposed to be able to do 110 billion press ups by the end?
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

My triceps were definitely a bit cross but I could move my arms.

We have daily press ups and glute exercises (this week it was squat pulses) which increment by 10 each week. An abs routine to be done every other day and 2 challenges a week which have been quite variable. Last week there was a 3k run for challenge 1 and then 6 circuits of 4 battle ropes exercises in the second half of the week. The first one this week is much more Jillian in style. 7 exercises with no equipment needed, we have to do at least 2 circuits of 45 seconds per move, more if we can manage it.
Disco

Post by Disco »

It sounds varied! Are the ropes included in the programme?
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

No, you have to buy them. They sell branded ones but we got them elsewhere for half the price. You just have to make sure they’re the right size.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Day 22. The food is still good but exercises are tough. Today was 40 press ups and 40 side squats. This week’s first challenge is battlerope based. I remember being nervous about Jillian’s jumping jacks with hand weights but they are 10x worse with battle ropes.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

It sounds like torture but you are going to be built from steel!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I hope so. At the moment my upper arms feel like they’re built from wet lettuce.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Day 25: one third of the way through. Today is going to be hard work. Daily exercises + abs routine and we’re taking advantage of the dog being at the vets to get the second weekly challenge done (she gets upset when we shut her in the house while we’re doing the challenge in the garden).
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

We were able to pick Daisy up earlier in the end so challenge was delayed till today. Photo day as well.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Have you done the challenge? Is it the rope thing?