Twitter

Turtle Bean

Twitter

Post by Turtle Bean »

So, I don't really understand. I've never really been into it but I know some of you like it so might know more than me, but what is Elon Musk actually doing? It feels like he is deliberately trying to destroy it but why would you spend billions to do that? Does he know what he is doing and have some secret end game? I don't get it.
sally maclennane

Re: Twitter

Post by sally maclennane »

I think it's purely ego, as many things are with him. I think he's bought it and thinks he can make it into what he wants it to be. Doesn't he want some sort of platform that people use for everything? There's a Chinese version of this :vague:

I think he's an awful person, like so many wealthy people (men) he thinks that his achievements are all down to his own brilliance, and disregards things like luck, privilege, and family background. He's another Trump really.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Lola

Post by Lola »

I think he’s insane.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Webo.

So he is just crackers and will probably break it? Seems like he is losing most of his workforce anyway.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

sally maclennane wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:25 pm He's another Trump really.
Yes.
Dáire

Post by Dáire »

He surrounds himself with sycophants, so he probably didn't think the workforce would quit because he assumed they adore him. He also has very little idea what Twitter is or how it's used, as can be seen by his posting style.

He's never been a genius at anything. He just takes over companies and shouts bullshit at the people who donthe actual work.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Turtle Bean wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:53 pm Webo.

So he is just crackers and will probably break it? Seems like he is losing most of his workforce anyway.
There’s cohost too.
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

It feels like he's doing a huge 'this is what you get when you force me to buy something' retaliation. Like a massive petulant child.
Starry

Post by Starry »

He’s firing people who criticise him and issuing ultimatums. I hope the banks take it over before he runs it into the ground.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

He's thick as shit (this is the man who called the diving gent 'paedo guy') and horrible. I've signed out of Twitter as my feed is just full of vile people and it's getting worse; I doubt I will use it again apart from to harangue companies.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
sally maclennane

I'll be really sad if Twitter goes, it's by far my favourite social media platform. It makes me laugh so much.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Starry

Post by Starry »

I mean I get what that guy is saying but I don’t think he’s cutting dead weight - he wasn’t at the company long enough to identify the dead weight. The layoffs were random in some cases. The fact that they had to ask people to come back proves that.

Also, he just fired someone who he begged to stay initially, so I think this being some masterful 4D chess move might be giving him too much credit.

I think for some people, Elon could shit in one hand and clap and people would think it was a genius move.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Has anyone fallen foul of the 600 views a day yet? My colleague hit the limit at about 11:30 this morning.
sally maclennane

I was getting it at the weekend but it seems OK now. I downloaded the Firefox browser and that seemed to be a workaround.

I hate what he's done to it though, he's such a prick.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

I don't seem to have, so either I look at fewer than 600 tweets a day (unlikely) or it's not in proper force.

It has completely lost its useful purpose now, though and is just another mish mash of crap piece of social media. I don't know why I keep going back, it's not even as though I interact on there much. :)) I'm there for three autistic women I befriended years ago, some botany and a small disabled cat I care passionately about now. :))