Hatchling Christmas present inspiration

Estrella

Hatchling Christmas present inspiration

Post by Estrella »

I thought there was a thread for this already but I can’t seem to find it. Anyway, thanks to birthing both of my children in November, I have used all my ideas up on birthday presents and have no idea what to buy either of them for Christmas.

So far on the list I have a calendar each and new boogie boards.

Please inspire me (or point me to the thread if I’ve missed it!)
Scooter

Re: Hatchling Christmas present inspiration

Post by Scooter »

The monsters are being very quiet on the present front this year and it’s getting harder and harder! On the list is a new water bottle, crocs (specifically requested: wouldn’t be my choice :look: ) new earbuds, vbucks gift cards. They’ll also be getting the usual jocks and socks, and the Christmas Eve pyjamas. I’m going to get them some vouchers for our local tree climb, as we’ve got some time off in the holidays. They’ve asked for squash racquets too as they’re interested in the squash courts in our local gym.

It’s hard when they grow out of toys, isn’t it?
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Big birthday presents were Beats headphones (J) and a Polaroid camera (S). We are toying with a basketball hoop after a bit of a brainstorm this afternoon. It’s so hard!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Elvis asked for art supplies, which is easy enough. Sproglette didn’t write a letter so I’ll see what’s still on her wish list after her birthday.

They also each have stationery, a book and a big soap and glory set - 1 each because Boots sent 2, but I bought 1 to share! Plus a choker set (Sproglette)/necklace (Elvis), a set of sister necklaces and a football.

I bought personalised pyjamas in the sale last year, and they have a Lego Guardians of the Galaxy advent calendar. Stocking fillers are mainly from Tiger, though I need to sort out edible stuff still. I might raid Superdrug for make up too.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

So far I have a book (which was discovered when I left it on the coffee table but I told him he’d never seen it and whisked it away!), socks and something else stashed that I can’t remember.

Last night I ordered a small game called Catastrophe where you stack plastic cats. Totally naff but not expensive. I ordered a few other bits for other people when browsing the site (Oliver Bonas).

Main gifts: no clue
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

A hoop is a good call. That was a birthday pressie here and gets well used.

I wish my 2 were interested in personal hygiene so toiletries were a nice easy option. I know it won’t be too long until I’m complaining about excessive after shave use :lol:

I’m going to load the up on sweets and maybe a slime making kits as they’re thing we wouldn’t buy them and that keeps the Santa magic alive! I’m not convinced they’re not just playing along with us now though.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Aha! Cerise you have reminded me I was going to pick up a card game called Stupid Deaths for J, thank you!
viggy

Post by viggy »

BM has asked for a chair for her room - a white faux fur bucket chair :lol:

She’s a massive Lizzo fan, so the big surprise is that she has a ticket to see Lizzo in Glasgow in March :weewee: Downside is that she has to come with me and my friends, but I hope she enjoys it anyway - it will be her first concert.

I’m 99% sure she’s just pretending about Santa and the elf, but she's really keen to keep the magic going to we’re all playing along. She needs a new bike so that will come from “santa”
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

I have no idea what to get Joe. I've set the Swede a task to have a casual chat and get some ideas 😁 Jack is easier because he's very into GoT and Stranger Things at the moment.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

We just did a bit of online shopping and they have an umbrella and some diamond art added.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m not sure what to get for Chunk. So far I’ve used some M&S vouchers to buy a Percy Pig neon light.

Squeak’s having wireless Beats headphones now we’ve found a pair that’s within budget and an acceptable colour to her.
Glint

Post by Glint »

S has a list for birthday and Christmas - some PS things (games/ codes/ points/ steering wheel), golf wedges, guitar, table tennis bat, football strip.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I remembered that Sproglette wants her own tree for her room so have just picked up a 3ft prelit white one. Also got them a snazzy jumper each plus socks and pants. It’s 25% off F&F atm so seemed a good time. Plus we still got P’s 20% off!
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

That's a pretty good deal with both discounts!

So far I've just got stocking fillers, which is why old crap with a unicorn or butterfly for Topsy, and any old crap with a penguin or stegosaurus for Tim. I've also got some clothes, including initial pyjamas with a unicorn for Topsy, hence the hunt for the perfect equivalent pyjamas I've seen for Tim as he's currently also a bit obsessed with Captain America.

I've got them the IKEA Circus tent for a big present, and will get a couple of books. I'm tempted to get them some sylvanians because I used to love them but realistically I think they're still a bit little.

Baby Brother is getting a stocking full of Topsy and Tim's old toys so they don't feel he's left out. :lol:
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Oh I think they've both asked got a dinosaur dressing up costume too.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

viggy wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:16 am BM has asked for a chair for her room - a white faux fur bucket chair :lol:
M wants a massive fugly unicorn chair. :lol: I’m sure BM be thrilled with the Lizzo tickets! If she’ll not, I’ll go with you. :weewee:

Both boys would love nothing but Xbox gift cards/ V bucks/ cold hard cash. :ella:

T has asked for a pull up bar :mog: He’s built like a wet noodle and can’t even reach the top of door frame but we’ll indulge him and AirPods. We’re looking into adopting/ sponsoring a pig for M who is obsessed by them.

There is also both a Stranger Things experience and a Harry Potter one running so maybe tickets to one/ both. M would love HP but T is Stranger Things obsessed.
Little My

Post by Little My »

We got R theatre tickets for her main birthday gift. It looks like B might be getting bits to make his own PC.

Christmas I have not really thought about yet. I have bought them each a christmas squishmallow because I knew those would sell out fast, and I have a handful of stocking items gathered. I'm going to keep wireless headphones in mind, thank you.

R did write a wish list. A remaining idea from that is fitness equipment, but I have no idea what that would be. (Any suggestions very welcome!!) She uses a yoga mat, ball, and some hand weights already. And I think she could use a new chair in her room.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I have autumn/winter birthday children so I feel you on the gift inspo running out, Est!

So far I have bought G a projector so he can cast switch games/movies on his bedroom wall, the Guinness book of records (that I thought he might have grown out of but he still wants it :)) ) What If 2 (he loved the first book) and a Golden Gate Bridge t shirt that I hope makes it through customs! Liv is pretty easy to buy for still and so far I have bought her clothes, pjs, French bath stuff, clothes for her dolls and a cookery book. I’ll get Just Dance 2023 as a joint present because I love playing it with them :l:
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

I've just bought mine loads of clothes. :woteva: I've bought a couple of stupid things, some chocolate, pyjamas and a couple of books. I'll give them some money too.

Oh and compulsory hygiene products - Dove this year, not Lynx. I can't bear the smell.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

For our 3-year-old Spiderman obsessed grandson, I have purchased a talking spiderman toy, a SM pillow buddy, a SM pillow and throw for preschool, SM pjs and hoodie - (all I asked my daughter about before buying because it's so much SM and she has to live with it).

In an attempt to recognize their current interests:
We will give our ten-year-old granddaughter a metal detector and Harry Potter Lego.
Twin ten-year-old nephew 1 will get a Lacrosse stick, ball and a hoodie and Harry Potter Lego.
Twin ten-year-old nephew 2 will get a big art set in a wooden box with an easel and Harry Potter Lego.