Happy Emigration Day, Pilgrims

Glint

Re: Happy Emigration Day, Pilgrims

Post by Glint »

A local shop has posted the PO strike dates up to Christmas. No last minute deliveries!

I’m not sure if the dates are for sorting offices, or delivery folk, or both.
rosy

Post by rosy »

I had a Christmas card through the post today which was odd as I thought they were on strike. And it was 2nd class so clearly no urgency to deliver it.

Happy thanksgiving, American people. I’m waiting another hour or so before I ring my son, as I doubt he’ll be up early.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

A beach house sounds lovely Olive. Are you doing the full Turkey dinner?

My mum has the bad cold I had last week that wiped me out so she needs a bit of looking after. I’ve been ferrying her hot water bottles, blankets, sick buckets etc all day. The man finally came about my rotten floor boards this morning so now I’m waiting for a quote and I’ve been sat by the phone waiting for the GP surgery to call re: Betty’s scald.

School run soon then I think I’ll do Mongolian Beef for dinner before the cub run starts.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Sounds very lovely, olive. Jealous!

I am getting my hair done this morning. :happy_dance:

Good to know about the mail strike. Of course I just ordered something from a UK-based Etsy seller yesterday. Luckily there's plenty of time before xmas for it to get over here. I should get my cards sent to the UK a bit earlier than totally last minute this year though.
rosy

Post by rosy »

A beach house thanksgiving sounds amazing, olive. I hope you have a great time.

Sorry to hear Betty is still suffering, Kleio.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Glint wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:07 pm You’re definitely coming back, olive?

S is a bit disappointed his football training clashes with some of the Lions game, Five :)) I’ve told him the game will still be on when he gets back.
It's going to be a tough game for the Lions!

Your beach Thanksgiving sounds lovely, Olive

Poor Betty, I hope she's OK!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

This might explain my posting earlier.

BC76C69E-DFEA-4436-9636-1805F984CA3F.jpeg
The Lidl wine your changed today, so loads of wines were reduced to £3.99. I haven’t sampled any yet!

I also bought a slice of Nutella & Oreo Ridiculous Pie, which was indeed ridiculous.
9D03A65C-EDC4-434A-BA45-847758ACBFCD.jpeg
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Love hearing about what US folk do for Thanksgiving! Spending it at the beach sounds great.

Hope Betty's OK Kleio.

My boys want your pie Pip! Looks like exactly what I could do with right now, after a bit of a shitty week. Yes, I realise it's not weekend yet but I wish it was!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Belated thanksgiving greetings to our US Turtles!

I’m in London today for work meetings then to see a play. I’ve had dinner out and will mooch along to the theatre shortly. I need to finish a book by Saturday but am struggling. I may just go along to book group despite a DNF and see what people say.

Sproglette is going to a school talent show on her own. :panic: P is dropping her off/collecting her, but he didn’t fancy 2 hours of secondary school performers and I don’t really blame him. :lol:
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Glint wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:07 pm You’re definitely coming back, olive?
Yes, but no one seems to believe us. :))

We took Bruno to the beach for a massive walk and he is absolutely done in. So many people and dogs out today. It was really lovely to see families playing football.
Kleio wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:33 pm A beach house sounds lovely Olive. Are you doing the full Turkey dinner?
We cheated a bit as we didn’t know how well set up the beach house would be to cook a full Thanksgiving meal so some of it is ready made. We do have 2 types of pie though -pumpkin of course and cherry.

I hope your mum and Betty are both ok!