Ideal Homes- Show Us Your New Purchases!

Cosmopolitan

Re: Ideal Homes- Show Us Your New Purchases!

Post by Cosmopolitan »

We have green velvet sofas and actually cat hair brushes straight off and they don't scratch anyway so I'm not really concerned.

I love the lamps!
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Where are they from, Cos? I'm contemplating dining chairs like that.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

They’re really lovely dining chairs.
Elya

Post by Elya »

Ha, Cos! There’s pretty much always a cat on these chairs (usually they take one each).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

My velvet dining chairs have been fine. They do show where the pile has been moved - even picking them up to move them leaves (temporary) finger marks - but they’ve stayed clean. I just run the hand-held hoover over them once in a while.

I love yours, Cos, and the lamps, Five. I also like the washable quilt, emma. I like the idea of those as they sound so much easier than changing covers, and yours is lovely.

My dining room shelving is on course to be finished on time :bounce:. He’s making it in his workshop and will bring it flat packed to assemble here, which will be very soon - He said the end of the week, but that’s getting less likely, unless he works weekends, but he should meet his target of the end of the month. I’m so looking forward to getting all the books etc put away and getting my kitchen back. It’s been like living in a book warehouse for weeks!
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

Kenickie wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:33 pm Where are they from, Cos? I'm contemplating dining chairs like that.
They're actually kitchen counter stools and they are from Wayfair. And I am now considering dining room chairs similar but in multiple velvet shades.
Elya wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:23 pm Ha, Cos! There’s pretty much always a cat on these chairs (usually they take one each).
I adore these cats on green chairs. They look very comfortable
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Thanks, they look lovely. Are they as comfy as they look?
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

(for people as well as cats).
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

The green velvet stools are lovely, Cos!

I am also contemplating a green velvet squishy sofa for our snug/grown up sitting room when we eventually decorate that (it’s our current kitchen, which is where we are living in while the renovations go on - phase 2 is to grub it all out and redecorate it, but that will be next year’s project).
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I bought one of the Joseph Joseph totem kitchen bins, I have been coveting them for years since my mum got one. At the moment we have a kitchen bin and a food bin. in the kitchen itself. We have a scabby old plastic box that holds all the recycling, and its in the utility room. Because of the layout of the utility, the only place it can go is in front of the door out to the garden so that means we hardly use that door. I hate bin bags being carried through the dining/snug area, it squicks me out. I hope that having one bin in the main kitchen will mean we can use the side door to take rubbish out.

I got 30% off but it was still quite pricy but I have wanted one for ages and being off work means I have spent less this month.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

30% off something you've wanted for ages is a bit of a win.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Yes I agree! Which is why I bought this cute shelf for Liv's bedroom:

She loves arranging displays in her bedroom :love:
sally maclennane

That is lovely, and I'm not surprised Liv enjoys that :))
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

I love the wallpaper! :hbeat:
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I ordered the shelf today in the Black Friday sale - it's not my wallpaper :cry: (it is cute though!)
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

I do like the shelf too, obviously :))
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

sally maclennane wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:13 pm I bought one of the Joseph Joseph totem kitchen bins, I have been coveting them for years since my mum got one. At the moment we have a kitchen bin and a food bin. in the kitchen itself. We have a scabby old plastic box that holds all the recycling, and its in the utility room. Because of the layout of the utility, the only place it can go is in front of the door out to the garden so that means we hardly use that door. I hate bin bags being carried through the dining/snug area, it squicks me out. I hope that having one bin in the main kitchen will mean we can use the side door to take rubbish out.

I got 30% off but it was still quite pricy but I have wanted one for ages and being off work means I have spent less this month.
Maybe it is subliminal, but I was just looking at a new JJ chopping board set and this bin popped up and I think I need it. When my flatmate leaves I’m hoping she takes annoying metal dustbins that take up too much floor space with her so I can get these. I can also get the compost bin out of a cupboard. Tempted to order now as the price is quite good, but I’d only have to store it somewhere for two months.
rosy

Post by rosy »

That hanging shelf is lovely! I'm now looking for similar in a hexagon shape.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

sally maclennane wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:13 pm I bought one of the Joseph Joseph totem kitchen bins, I have been coveting them for years since my mum got one. At the moment we have a kitchen bin and a food bin. in the kitchen itself. We have a scabby old plastic box that holds all the recycling, and its in the utility room. Because of the layout of the utility, the only place it can go is in front of the door out to the garden so that means we hardly use that door. I hate bin bags being carried through the dining/snug area, it squicks me out. I hope that having one bin in the main kitchen will mean we can use the side door to take rubbish out.

I know I’ve said it before, but I’ve had mine for a couple of years now and I love it.

My kitchen is quite small so having all the waste bins in one spot saves so much room, it’s a godsend.

I like having the food bin in the main bin too, there’s always slight crumb and bits spillage around the food bin, but with this it just ends up in the main bin!
Last edited by Hobbes on Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sally maclennane

Oh great, I'm looking forward to getting mine :))