Ideal Homes- Show Us Your New Purchases!

emma_p

Re: Ideal Homes- Show Us Your New Purchases!

Post by emma_p »

I’m genuinely jealous of satisfying bin situations. I’m going to resolve mine in the NY.

I bought this throw in September and it’s finally being dispatched! Just in time for Christmas (the only time anyone ever uses our sitting room).
09612E2D-98B1-4220-BE97-5516880E1728.jpeg
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

emma_p wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:38 pm I’m genuinely jealous of satisfying bin situations. I’m going to resolve mine in the NY.
I have a stainless steel one with two compartments and an automatic opening thing, which is handy when you have both hands full, but the closing mechanism is a bit zealous, and it's like dealing with Arkwright's till :)).

I love your throw.

I got a message about my shelves. There are oil stains on the bottom two bits of wood, which the carpenter thinks are from a forklift in the sawmill, so he's had to return them for replacement :mad:. He's sent photos and a very apologetic message as though he thought we wouldn't believe him, which I really do. I am disappointed, as it feels like this has gone on longer than it takes for whole housing estates to be built, but it can't be helped.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I have ordered two of these - one for the back door and one for the front, as the current ones are tatty-looking. I need to train M to actually use them, as he seems to levitate over the ones that are there and land indoors with two muddy feet. Still, one step at a time.
Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 19.13.55.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Here is my new bin in situ
20221130_173151_copy_2774x3699.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Lovely bin and floor!
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

It is a good bin (and floor).

I like the braided doormat too!

I love that we post our potentially dull practical purchases :love:
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Lovely. I wanted one of those but didn't quite have the space
Malan
Disco

Post by Disco »

May you have many very happy recycling and refuse insertion moments.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

:lol:

We got a robot vac/mop as a Black Friday / joint Christmas present to each other :lol:

It's been great fun so far, I'm really impressed with the mapping it does trundling around the flat the first time.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

which one did you get PG - sounds like a good thing for Mr A
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

RoboRocK S7
We were tempted by the auto-emptying station version but reasoned ourselves out of it for a first purchase.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

You're using your christmas present already?! Tut tut ;)
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

:lol: Well, we're going to be away in the UK for Christmas, and it would have been silly to take it with us ;)
sally maclennane

Hobbes wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:20 am
sally maclennane wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:13 pm I bought one of the Joseph Joseph totem kitchen bins, I have been coveting them for years since my mum got one. At the moment we have a kitchen bin and a food bin. in the kitchen itself. We have a scabby old plastic box that holds all the recycling, and its in the utility room. Because of the layout of the utility, the only place it can go is in front of the door out to the garden so that means we hardly use that door. I hate bin bags being carried through the dining/snug area, it squicks me out. I hope that having one bin in the main kitchen will mean we can use the side door to take rubbish out.

I got 30% off but it was still quite pricy but I have wanted one for ages and being off work means I have spent less this month.
I know I’ve said it before, but I’ve had mine for a couple of years now and I love it.

My kitchen is quite small so having all the waste bins in one spot saves so much room, it’s a godsend.

I like having the food bin in the main bin too, there’s always slight crumb and bits spillage around the food bin, but with this it just ends up in the main bin!
Hobbes, does yours have a lid that pops open? Ours has a bar that you press so that makes me think it should pop up, but I then have to lift the lid. I can't tell if it's faulty or its not meant to pop up in the first place.
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Yes, mine has a rectangular push button on the front and then the lid does pop fully up. It’s quite spring loaded, and does really spring up!
sally maclennane

Hobbes wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:22 am Yes, mine has a rectangular push button on the front and then the lid does pop fully up. It’s quite spring loaded, and does really spring up!
Ah, my mum's has that (push button), mine has a bar but I assumed it would do the same.
20221202_101341_copy_3699x2774.jpg
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Oh no, that is very different from mine, but still seems odd, you don’t want to touch the underside of the bin lid each time?
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Do you not press the middle of the lid or something? that looks like it might be a button
sally maclennane

H1ppychick wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:11 pm Do you not press the middle of the lid or something? that looks like it might be a button
No that's a filter, for removing odours. It's the bar part at the front that should open it. I have emailed them about it.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Here is the (nearly) finished dining room. The doors need to come off and be oiled and rehung, there are lights to go at the back and M's bloody TV to go in, as well as more books to come downstairs, but you get the idea. The foliage is for festive purposes, but I think it sets off the colour scheme nicely :)).

People on the renovations thread have virtually rebuilt their houses in the time this has taken - it has been something of a project!
IMG_2954.jpeg
IMG_2952.jpeg
IMG_2953.jpeg