Travel Plans for 2023

Sky

Re: Travel Plans for 2023

Post by Sky »

The Brazilian is in charge of plans for the last week and he's mooted Rio but it's carnival week so there's no way we'd find anywhere affordable to stay. I really want to see Florianopolis and Paraty, especially the latter, so I'm trying to steer him towards those instead.

Still in two minds whether to spend a night in either Mendoza or Cordoba or just stay in BA and not try to squeeze to much in? I'm already beginning to plan a second trip to see the bits I'm missing this time, Inhotim in particular :))
nineseven wrote:What's the point in being slim if you have to stay indoors all the time, leaking from your anus?
http://www.justgiving.com/Pamela-Ward" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

My brother lives in Florianopolis, Sky. Let me know if it’s worth a visit :uhh:.
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

Sky wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:56 pm The Brazilian is in charge of plans for the last week and he's mooted Rio but it's carnival week so there's no way we'd find anywhere affordable to stay. I really want to see Florianopolis and Paraty, especially the latter, so I'm trying to steer him towards those instead.

Still in two minds whether to spend a night in either Mendoza or Cordoba or just stay in BA and not try to squeeze to much in? I'm already beginning to plan a second trip to see the bits I'm missing this time, Inhotim in particular :))
We did Mendoza as a day trip from BA (flying) definitely worth a visit if you can fit it in. Bariloche is wonderful, too but you'll need a couple of nights there.
Montana

Post by Montana »

We were just talking about Florianopolis! We'r toying with the idea of returning to Brazil but also maybe bypassing Rio in favour of probably heading straight up North. We'd both love to return to Morro de Sao Paulo. But we had to skip Florianopolis last time so would love to work that in somehow.
Sky

Post by Sky »

I've not heard of that place but I've just googled and it's going on the list for next time!
nineseven wrote:What's the point in being slim if you have to stay indoors all the time, leaking from your anus?
http://www.justgiving.com/Pamela-Ward" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

We landed in Florianopolis en route from BA to Sao Paulo. Our crew ran out of flight time due to the weather so we took off late. It looks nice from the air.. 😁
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Tsu wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:24 pm There are few things nicer than golf in the sun.
I'm intrigued by golf in Vietnam.

Your Australia/NZ trip with Peter reminds me of an old friend of mine (sadly now also gone). W's mother was a Kiwi. When she died her last wishes were for her ashes to be scattered in NZ. W's sister, H, was absolutely distraught at the loss of her mum. So, as a kindness, W paid for her to go out and visit her Kiwi relatives and scatter mum's ashes while she was there. H was away for about a month and had a lovely time catching up with old friends and family. It was only when she opened her suitcase, back at home, that she realised she had completely forgotten about the ashes! :lol:
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

No! Ha!

I'm taking three quarters of them and he's being scattered at the site of an old football ground where he saw his first match. It's a park now. The rest of the ashes I will take with me a bit at a time whenever we travel so he gets to go to all the places he never managed to visit.

There's a golf holiday company who arrange the tours. Two or three centres with transfers included. We've worked out that we can get to Ho Chi Minh City from Singapore. We're just waiting for a quote to see if it's going to cost both arms and a leg.
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

I've only been to the North of Brazil, Recife and Salvador and they were both awesome. Recife less so, it's quite industrial but such a lovely country!