March exercising

Hazey_Jane

Re: March exercising

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Been logging my stats at the gym. Very pleased with my progress!
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

It’s so good to see progress like that isn’t it? Well done!

Strava has let me know I’ve increased my fitness score by 100% over the last three months. The biggest increase has come from going back to LMOD/doing more cardio. My RHR has also dropped (7 day average is sitting at 43 now!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Step 116 today.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Weights class last night, I am finding it more enjoyable although there's still parts I'm not that keen on.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Is it specific exercises you don’t like sally? Or areas trained?

Gym this morning with Sproglette but it was a roll, stretch and prod session for me. Swimming at lunchtime.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

wendy james wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:38 pm Is it specific exercises you don’t like sally? Or areas trained?
Some of it is certain exercises but that happens in e ery class. It's more that I feel a bit "behind" the other people in the class who all seem to have been doing it longer. So feel like I'm constantly asking for help/direction :l: I know the instructor doesn't mind and she keeps the class small for that reason but in some ways, it makes me stand out more if that makes sense!

Also, I find all the chit chat a bit tedious :antisocial: She loves all that and is always posting about how she wants to create a community and how friendly her groups are, which is a bit overkill to me :lol:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Hello! I am back after a horrible cold that stopped me running.

Hill reps tonight, which were harder than they should have been but it was nice to be back out again.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I’m back up to the weights I was using pre my recent Covid and arm strain for BodyPump. So that’s 8.5kg per side for squats, 6 for chest and 6 or 7 for back. The next step up for squats would be 10 based on the weight plates (5, 2.5 & 1) and slots available (3), and that feels really remote at this point.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Did just under ten miles across the trails this morning, but on top of last night it was hard. Really, really hard.

The rest of of today is now going to be a total wipeout.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

That’s brilliant TC!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Parkrun does me this morning alongside A’s football fundraiser. I think I might just about be over Covid.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Well done TC - don’t you overdo it though!

18 miles long run in the beautiful Loch Lomond area today - found out after I wasn’t far from Duo!

The run was hilly and soaking wet, and I died in the last 2 miles but I’m really pleased :))
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Step 104 (30 min) and then lawn mowing which was 1hr 10m and 453 cals!
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I decided to mow outside our fences too, which added another 30 mins and 250 more calories.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Friday I did an arms and abs barre class with my old
instructor.

Yesterday was a 45 min stack (beginner ride, extra 10 low impact, upper body strength).

Today I’m going to do a 30 min yin class.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Rest day on Monday. I was buggered after the weekend. I tried Step 128 today. It was fun, but felt very easy.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I'm having a rest day today. My arm was quite painful yesterday from lots of drumming over the weekend and I thought Pump probably wasn't a great idea, then my lunchtime yoga got overbooked by a meeting :(
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

sally maclennane wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:36 pm
wendy james wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:38 pm Is it specific exercises you don’t like sally? Or areas trained?
Some of it is certain exercises but that happens in e ery class. It's more that I feel a bit "behind" the other people in the class who all seem to have been doing it longer. So feel like I'm constantly asking for help/direction :l: I know the instructor doesn't mind and she keeps the class small for that reason but in some ways, it makes me stand out more if that makes sense!

Also, I find all the chit chat a bit tedious :antisocial: She loves all that and is always posting about how she wants to create a community and how friendly her groups are, which is a bit overkill to me :lol:
I didn't come back to this sooner as I wanted to reply properly rather than on my phone to say I GET YOU! It was the same for me when I started training with our calisthenics instructor. I only went along initially because she started an early morning class she called 'Foundations'. The only other 2 regular attendees were both much stronger than me so I was forever doing modified exercises. I still am now, 18 months later (though not quite as modified :lol: ).

And she's the same with the social stuff. Constantly talking about 'the tribe' and that. I reckon it's part of being a PT nowadays, or so it seems. Not helped that I'm in a Patreon member and we have our own WhatsApp. Tbh, I just ignore most of it nowadays. Even in handstands, which is the chattiest class, I leave the more vocal ones to it most of the time.

Saturday - calisthenics class - the first one I've done she moved and now does a class of 3 max (I usually see her more for a 1:1 or remote classes). See above re still doing modified exercises. :lol:
Sunday - was going to be rest day but the sun came out and I took the girls for a bike ride. I left them at the park and did a bit extra myself to make it worthwhile before collecting them and cycling home.
Monday - evening swim
Today - week 2 of C25K with Elvis this morning and I'm going to try the evening TRX class tonight. I imagine it's similar to the Thursday lunchtime one as it's the same instructor.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Step 120 (30 min only) on my lunch break today
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

TRX was similar in that it's 8 x 20 secs on, 10 secs off but there were more people than at lunchtime so rather than pairs taking it in turn on the TRX, we were in groups of 3 instead. Though there was always a spare TRX so I did the whole class on one, rather than doing the floor stations. My triceps definitely felt the three rounds of tricep extensions when I did badminton yesterday. :lol:

Wed - handstands/stretching at the gym, lunchtime swim, badminton
Today - C25K, TRX, remote handstands class