Hey! Good lookin’!

Estrella

Re: Hey! Good lookin’!

Post by Estrella »

I am :ready: for everything on that page. And have pinned that chicken recipe to try.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Ta!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Some recent meals. The sausage casserole was cooked without sausages as we had 3 different types between us. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

It's far from photogenic but this is my current favourite lunch - wilted spinach, lightly scrambled eggs, feta into the airfryer at 170ish for a few minutes, bloody delicious.
(NB No 50p for scale but that's a side plate rather than full size dinner effort)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Disco

Post by Disco »

That's making me hungry, Del.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I am inviting myself to lunch at Derek’s house :ready:
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

You would be very welcome - that little blue dish has a twin so it's easy to cater for two :ready:

(It would work just as well in the oven if you fancy it Dics, I'm just one of those air fryer bores!)
Disco

Post by Disco »

I've got an airfryer!
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Ah, I didmt think you'd joined the cult :monster: I had to use my oven for dinner last night and I was really hacked off about it :))
Disco

Post by Disco »

I just don't like to talk about it :look: :lol:

I don't even use my oven once a week these days. Maybe not even once a fortnight. Mine is a halogen oven so not the same as most airfryers but it does the same thing but the same price of energy.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Being a walking cliche, I rarely shut up about mine :))

Here's another deeply unnphotogenic but utterly delicious indulgent lunch. Hasslebacked halloumi, slices of chorizo, chopped cherry tomatoes covered in a honey and harissa paste sauce, ten minutes in the airfryer. Eaten in a pitta with some avocado and an air-fried field mushroom :hbeat:
Jet

Post by Jet »

:yummeh: those both look good but that last one!
Half-ten?! Half-ten?! I've never been up at half-ten! What happens?
Disco

Post by Disco »

This looks a mess as per usual but it was lush. Mixed seafood and roast chicken nasi goreng
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Omg YES.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I think I posted this in corona times but we have it every so often and it’s so good. I used to buy the fancy hummus but Elvis made this one.
Jet

Post by Jet »

Not the most photogenic things but a roasted potato salad with jalapeño avocado dressing that we had with ribs Mr J smoked. I like this but I think I’d prefer it with pasta than potatoes.

And some smoked sabel fish with garlic shrimp (a freezer bottom find) and some herby couscous with spinach, mushrooms and zucchini. It was a bit gluey as I used gluten free couscous (that I bought to take to my sister in law but it didn’t come in time…) but it tasted fine.
Jet

Post by Jet »

I forgot about these too… chicken noodle soup I made for my friend (though we had a couple bowls as well). Cooked starting with a whole chicken to make the stock and then shred that back in - definitely doing it this way from now.

And sunshine pasta salad
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

That soup looks amazing. I’ve got something similar on the menu this week too.

Sunday morning baking here - chocolate banana bread and apple and cinnamon muffins.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Nice buns Est. :flirt:

What went into the salad, Jet?
Jet

Post by Jet »

Here's the salad. It was red and yellow tomatoes, corn, red, orange and yellow peppers and banana peppers.
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree ... ad-7276412
It's pretty simple overall but the dressing is pleasingly mustardy.

If anyone is interested in the whole chicken noodle soups recipe, the one I sort of followed was this and I also did not use all the chicken meat as it would have been too much we just used the rest for other stuff.
https://thematbakh.com/chicken-noodle-soup/#recipe