Moving in May

wendy james

Re: Moving in May

Post by wendy james »

Did P not offer our crutches when he saw you Sunday? Ever since I first tore a calf muscle and went to a physio who said the best thing was to keep ALL weight off it for 3 days, I've done that with any sort of torn muscle injury (which I presume yours is with that much bruising!).

Run and badminton yesterday, gym and a lunchtime walk today.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

As if he would ever even think that far ahead. :lol: But its ok, its not that far from sofa to kitchen here so I'm good.

That is basically what I have been doing since Sunday, I have been elevated and drinking loads of water which apparently helps. I would quite like it to all be better though, its starting to get on my nerves a bit.
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

Oooh I forgot about this.

This week so far

Monday, zumba , an hour of dancing then 10-15 mins toning
Wednesday , bodypump
Today. Body combat, my first real,life combat class at the gym for about a year. I was knackered but feel great.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Today was my usual Full On Friday. Body Pump, Balance, then an afternoon nap, then kettlebells. It was the same bloody horrendous pulse squat track for legs; I think I might slump later.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I did Combat yesterday which was fun. I’ve had an awful sleep and my training readiness is super low this morning according to my Garmin so I shall rest today.
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

I did my own LMOD mashup
An hours mix of sh’bam / step and combat then 20 mins of
Pump
( I only have hand weights ) .
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve done dance step this morning and now I’m in the gym doing the #kneehab program. Man alive, this place is full of faffy people. Last time I forgot my phone but had my earbuds and this time I’ve forgotten my earbuds.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I ran with Elvis on Friday and alone on Saturday. I definitely feel it more after running with her because I’m not using my natural stride, I imagine.

Handstands Friday (1:1) and Sunday (class).
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

Monday , zumba with added toning .
Today sh’bam - haven’t been to that class for a while but thought I’d go before sh’bam is cancelled for good !
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Is it getting cancelled?

I’ve been to catch up Pilates tonight. It was all good resistance band work and the warm up seemed different too.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Sh’Bam on LMOD was an OK lockdown substitute for the in-person BodyJAM classes I’d been doing previously, but I got a bit bored after a while. The separate LM Dance videos fronted by Gandalf Archer Mills (made up name) were a bit better but there weren’t many of them and they weren’t very long.
Last edited by H1ppychick on Wed May 24, 2023 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

There’s a Les Mills official FB group and someone posted the other day that Canadian instructors had been told it’s going to be stopped and they’re going to just have ‘les mills dance’, but no clear details on what that will comprise. My instructor tonight had heard rumours but hasn’t heard anything official.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m really looking forward to their version of Pilates when it launches.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Is that Shapes, Pip? It looks pretty cool on Erin’s Insta.

I’m also interested in the change of format/focus for Step from 131 to be more “functional” training.

I have had rest days so far this week. I’m beat.
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

Bodypump at the gym tonight.
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

Bodycombat at the gym tonight - I think tomorrow will be a rest day.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I am back from my second Pilates class of the week. I think I preferred Tuesday, but we had all 80s hits in honour of Tina Turner and that was pretty cool.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I missed spin on Tuesday night as I had a physio appointment for my wrist. I asked him when I was there if I could still do spin, it's fine when I'm sitting down but it can be sore when doing standing tracks. He said it should be OK but not to continue if it was very painful. I went tonight and warned the instructor in advance that I'd sit down if I needed to. Some of them can be a bit shouty if you sit when you're meant to be standing so I wanted him to know.

Anyway, it was fine, it was a bit sore at times but bearable.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I’m glad it’s bearable, Sal and you can work around it.

MrE has been unwell this week and I think I may have something going on as my last two workouts have been mega hard going and my heart rate has been through the roof. Step 125 yesterday and 126 today.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I’m sticking my head back in as I’ve started running again. I’ve gone in at Week 5 of C25K but repeated Run 2 just now. Although I hate to admit it (because it makes my husband right), it does make me feel better about myself. :)) I still do my dance class but it’s not much of a workout really.