Roast Idiot

Wiggle

Re: Roast Idiot

Post by Wiggle »

MrW has an annoying habit of hovering when I want my quiet time. I now just give him the look and he knows to walk away

Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Mine is always *there*, too. The other Saturday, he was working overtime, so I shut myself in the kitchen to do some baking on my own, and all that happened was he followed me in there, leant against a counter, and started talking at me at length about his work. I feel livid all over again just thinking about it.

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I don’t blame you.

Words cannot express how much I don’t care about the value of what he’s selling on eBay, and his stupid flipping running stats.

Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

It’s the monologuing *at* you, isn’t it?

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Yes! The complete lack of awareness that it’s interesting to no one.

Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

:dotty: Mine started telling me about different types of electrical wire last night at half ten, when all I wanted was to go to bed.
I wonder do they not pick up on social cues, or do they just completely disregard them?

Wait...does that mean the same thing? I mean, are they completely oblivious, or actually livious but just not giving a shite?

Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Elya wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:21 pm
I can’t even let myself think of the luxury that used to be Fridays when everyone else fucked off to school or work and left me ON MY OWN!
Yes! My birthday request was one day where I'm not responsible for everyone, which had to be today as P was working on Thursday. He started puking around lunchtime and took to his bed for the rest of the day. I mean, it's obviously not his fault but COME ON :bite:

kiwi

Post by kiwi »

That's totally irresponsible of him Lora, he should have made more of an effort. :alan:

Beatrix

Post by Beatrix »

Obviously you get a do over though, Lora. His fault or not, you shouldn’t miss out.

I’m climbing the walls desperate for alone time. My husband just does not get it - I frequently find a toddler coming to interrupt me or him coming to ask nonsense that doesn’t need asking then, or at all.

Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Have I told you all a story my mum told me that has always stuck with me? (Sorry if I’ve told it a million times :uhh:.) Basically, she had three children under 3 (edit: must have been 3 and under) and for her birthday one year, she told my dad that ALL she wanted was a morning to herself. No presents, nothing, just that.

So anyway, he took us all out to the park at about 8 a.m. She heard the front door open TWENTY-FIVE MINUTES later. He was back. Said he didn’t know where to go or what to do with us.

When she told me that about 16 years later, she was almost shaking with fury.
Last edited by Ella77 on Sat May 23, 2020 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Bloody typical.

mischief

Post by mischief »

My mum left us with my dad once as it was snowing and she had to go shopping. When she got back he was eating toast but hadn't fed my two sisters and me. We were all aged under 4

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

My dad used to take us on long bike rides for hours and hours when my mum was at work. It was only recently I realised why he did it.

Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

mischief wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:11 pm
My mum left us with my dad once as it was snowing and she had to go shopping. When she got back he was eating toast but hadn't fed my two sisters and me. We were all aged under 4
Jesus! Let me guess. “I didn’t know what to feed them, you didn’t leave me anything”?

:bite:

Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

The main story of this article gave me total rage: husband can't manage kids full time for three days. CEO wife ends up winding up her company.

https://www.thelily.com/i-had-to-choose ... workforce/

Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Starry

Post by Starry »

Rebs I read that earlier and my jaw dropped. He’s faffing around at home “considering his options” and can’t cope for three days. So she SHUT DOWN her company, and now they’re living off savings. What an arsehole.

Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

(Hannaford’s husband declined to comment for this story.)
I bet. I am aghast. What a complete wet lettuce. I hope she leaves him.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored

Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Ella77 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:01 pm
Have I told you all a story my mum told me that has always stuck with me? (Sorry if I’ve told it a million times :uhh:.) Basically, she had three children under 3 (edit: must have been 3 and under) and for her birthday one year, she told my dad that ALL she wanted was a morning to herself. No presents, nothing, just that.

So anyway, he took us all out to the park at about 8 a.m. She heard the front door open TWENTY-FIVE MINUTES later. He was back. Said he didn’t know where to go or what to do with us.

When she told me that about 16 years later, she was almost shaking with fury.
Your poor mum, and she didn't even ask for a whole day, just a morning. It reminds me of a friend of mine who asked for her birthday that they get a cleaner in to do a deep clean. He decided he could save money by doing it himself. For this to be possible she had to keep the children out of the way for a full day to let him do it.

I sometimes struggle with solo parenting and work during lockdown but I honestly think it must be harder with a partner. Maybe that says a lot about my previous relationships but I'm sure it's true for a lot of people even if they love the person they are locked down with.

Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Your poor Mum Ella.

When I had a partner all I wanted was a cup of tea and a magazine in bed. On the odd occasion it did happen it wasn’t worth it as I had to do lots of making up for it.

I keep escaping to the car when I need 5 minutes to myself. If I try to disappear upstairs they all follow me.