Saturday is here

H1ppychick

Re: Saturday is here

Post by H1ppychick »

Sorry about your son’s wedding brambs. It’s good that they don’t seem too despondent about the delay.

I am sitting watching grey clouds and wind outside, and feeling glad of my cosy home. I’ve got a daal cooking on the hob to use up old spinach, and I’m going to do my nails at some point, with a new varnish brand I’ve not tried before.

Ismee

Post by Ismee »

We were supposed to be flying to Turkey today with the in laws.

TracyA

Post by TracyA »

Wild and windy here too, no rain yet but it is forecast.

I took yesterday off work and did most of my housework so I have 3 days to do whatever I want. I have no plans other than a workout and a dog walk .

That’s a shame Bramble, I hope they are doing something nice to commiserate. One of my workmates should be getting married next month and the venue have offered them a room there on the day they should have been getting married for free. Nice gesture.

TracyA

Post by TracyA »

Sorry for your lack of holiday Is. We should be going to Florida next month but even if I was happy to fly, the US is the last place I’d want to visit right now.

baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

The market was quite civilised! All ordered with one way systems and queuing and disinfectant etc. The butcher and anti plastic shop were open too :love:

Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

That sucks, Is and Tracy. I'm sorry.

Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Aw bramble. That’s rotten.

Very windy here too. I was also thinking about drying stuff on the line but I’m not sure I can be arsed as I’d have to set the clothesline up :lazy:

So far I’ve made lasagne and have some cakes in the oven. I was enjoying pottering round the kitchen but It’s now been invaded so I’ve retreated to the lounge for some peace. Mr C is exam marking so the house is a joyful place today :perky:

rosy

Post by rosy »

I’m sorry, Bramble. I hope you have a lovely day today notwithstanding.

My eldest has officially postponed his wedding too but goodness knows when it will be safe to visit the USA so it may be that I end up not being able to attend the new date.

And I’m sorry for missed holidays. It’s all so unfair.
Friends don't let you do stupid things..... alone

Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

Afternoon. I’m sorry for all the wedding and holiday woes. My current woe is that my back went pop when I was making coffee first thing, and now I am stuck on my bed of pain unable to do anything and reliant on my family for food and drink. It is not going well...

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve channelled my rage at the news and my husband into ironing this afternoon. Our bloody WiFi keeps being a dick so I can’t watch more Dynasty so there’s extra fury.

Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Sorry for missed weddings and holidays.

I have spent AGES this afternoon building a fancy gaming chair for Joe. It reclines, which is apparently a must.

I've just ordered fish and chips as a reward :))

smalex

Post by smalex »

A fitting reward!

I've been outside all day and feel thoroughly wind pummeled. Once again I've mainly dug things. I feel like I've excavated the whole of Bristol by this point. Anyway. I'm drinking a cocktail, eating crisps and watching Jurassic park 3.

Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

I thought it was an office chair when I saw the photo on Facebook, Smunder!