That's not a real name!

Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Re: That's not a real name!

Post by Marth »

olive wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:05 pm I just upgraded my phone and was helped by a lovely lovely man called Mcc.labia.

He was from Tennessee.
*Screammmm* haha
Malan
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

He was so nice that I felt bad sharing it. (Not that bad Obvs)
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

This article flashed up in my browser today and I had to track it down to confirm that the man in question's name is actually Nonce. :twitch: Yep, Nonce Paolini. Unfortunate.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Nonce :lol:

I went to a baby and toddler group this morning and thought one of the mums was shouting for a “Rocky”, which is unusual (and was my childhood dog’s name), but not massively unexpected. But no, I found out later she was saying L.ocky, because her son is called L.ock - “as in lockdown”. She was totally serious, and apparently has an older son called Ll.oyd because her waters broke while she was in the chemist.

She also made sure I knew that her surname is L.omond which seems especially unfair to her youngest.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Eww. We judge.
Tabitha

Post by Tabitha »

:mog: How dreadful.
Margo

Post by Margo »

I encountered a mother screaming at her son today.

Poor Atticus. For being called that, and for having her as his mother!
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Leap wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:43 pm Nonce :lol:

I went to a baby and toddler group this morning and thought one of the mums was shouting for a “Rocky”, which is unusual (and was my childhood dog’s name), but not massively unexpected. But no, I found out later she was saying L.ocky, because her son is called L.ock - “as in lockdown”. She was totally serious, and apparently has an older son called Ll.oyd because her waters broke while she was in the chemist.

She also made sure I knew that her surname is L.omond which seems especially unfair to her youngest.
This has to be a wind up.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Nonce! I properly laughed loudly at that :lol:
Malan
Margo

Post by Margo »

Beatrix wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:11 pm
Margo wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:50 pm Poor Atticus. For being called that, and for having her as his mother!
What's wrong with the name Atticus?

Poor Lock, though. Possibly forgiven if the name was Lachlan - but not with that surname.
Probably nothing on the right child. But when his own mother pronounced it A-icus with no T sound, well.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Oh god, I’ve just told C and apparently L.ocky goes to Hop’s nursery :lol: Thank god I know this as I’m about to invite some nursery kids and their parents to her birthday and I’d almost certainly put my foot in it with someone who knows them.

I did wonder if he was a possible Lachlan at first, but the ch is a very distinct sound here, and then she said “His name is L.ock, as in lockdown”. It was the L.omond that seemed a step into casual trolling, but now I might be able to find out :sherlock:
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Lock Lomond :mog:. It really shouldn't be allowed.

There was a Richard Bird at my work, but he did style it out by calling himself Dickie.
Lola

Post by Lola »

Atticus is totally a “shouted out in Waitrose” name. He would have a sister called Fenella and a baby brother called Tarquin.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Morganna wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:53 pm Lock Lomond :mog:. It really shouldn't be allowed.

There was a Richard Bird at my work, but he did style it out by calling himself Dickie.
One of my friends has this name but we call him Birdy, and another has the same first name but the surname of a much beloved sports presenter, and it’s him that we call Dickie.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I think Atticus is the full name of Ats in Top Boy :cry:
Leap wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:43 pm I found out later she was saying L.ocky, because her son is called L.ock - “as in lockdown”. She was totally serious, and apparently has an older son called Ll.oyd because her waters broke while she was in the chemist.

This is amazing! :mog:
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I love Atticus. It's nothing like Tarquin!
Leap wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:49 pm Oh god, I’ve just told C and apparently L.ocky goes to Hop’s nursery :lol:
:mog:

That definitely would have been one of those times where you really puzzle over what Hop's new friend Loch Lomond is actually called. :lol: Like when P and I spent months trying to figure out the two Georges Topsy and Tim kept saying about, George Kitchen and George Dinner (Dickson and Jenner).
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

The Georges Kitchen and Dinner :mog:
Disco

Post by Disco »

One of my cat's nicknames is Catticus.

Aw Topsy and Tim's Georges! :lol: When I was little I kept telling everyone my teacher's name was Mix Max Donor to their bemused faces until my parents would translate: Miss McDonald.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I'll have a Mix Max Donor if you're going to the kebab van please.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Disco

Post by Disco »

:lol: