Covid-19

Ruby

Re: Covid-19

Post by Ruby »

Kenickie wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:12 pm I know that you don't all exist as some kind of mass PA for me though. ;)
:lol: I considered asking Bats/Goat to just email.me a daily summary.
Luce

Post by Luce »

I'm sure it doesn't need to close, there will be enough sensible people around who can post useful links. I meant to never come back to this thread back in July so its my own stupid fault for being here in the first place. Those who can't handle it, like myself, should surely just take their leave and everyone else can crack on.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Get well soon, Annabella, you poor thing.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I think it's sensible to keep away from threads that are upsetting you. But that doesn't mean all our friends here aren't available for support. We are all on the same side dealing with probably the worst thing that has happened to many of us and we need to manage the best way we can.

But it IS going to get better soon. Chris Whity said so.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

I only take orders from Chris Whitty now. He's my Prime Minister.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Mine too. I want a Chris Whity mug, the one saying next slide please.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

X
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Poor Annabella and Mr A, that sounds horrible! I don't think anyone has wished to get it but I do think it's worth a reminder how awful it is. I'm glad you are both recovering.

Perhaps a new thread for a new year wouldn't be a bad idea?

I'm very fond of Professor Whitty.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

I hope you feel better soon, Annabella.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Turtle Bean wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:18 pm

But it IS going to get better soon. Chris Whity said so.
I was talking to my mum yesterday and we pretty much ended each sentence with this. :))
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Annabella - I’m so sorry you’ve both been feeling so awful - I really hope you’re feeling much better soon.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Lily wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:24 pm I'm very fond of Professor Whitty.
Snap.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

That sounds awful Annabella, hope you feel better soon.

I’ve just had a letter to take part in the Imperial antibody survey.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Ruby wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:12 pm Ooof Annabella. That sounds awful, you poor sods. The energy comes back very very slowly. I know everyone keep saying this but even now, 6 weeks after I had a mild case, I am bone tired. It's an absolute shock to the body
This from the one who was FINE to go back to work the day after the fever had gone. :)) I can only echo this though, it's really important to not do too much or expect too much of yourself.

Exciting Tex, will you do it?
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Annabella wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:07 pm I think that here everyone feels pretty much the same about the restrictions and try their very best to follow them. Please do not though wish to get it - after OH tested positive 31 December (5days after being ill) I had to climb into bed beside him on 2 January with the raging fever. Until yesterday that is where we stayed in fever induced mad hallucinating 20 hours at a time sleep - sweating, tangled sheets and duvet and the occasional forced out of bed for water or a bowl of watery porridge - anything else could not be tolerated Luckily we go through without having to go near a hospital but we are absolutely wiped out with no source of energy - starting to rebuild ourselves a day at a time. I expect at least another week of feeling like this albeit we can eat a slice of toast now.
Annabella you poor thing. I hope you and your partner are fully on the mend now. This was very similar to my parents experience and you’ve only been up and about in the past few days and they got sick before Christmas.

I do know other people who’ve barely had more than a cold though! People’s personal experience of this massively colours how they approach this.
Lola

Post by Lola »

Chris Whitty is a nice chap :yes: Apparently he hates having to do all the tv stuff.

Annabella, that sounds horrific, you poor things.

Thanks for that Twitter thread. It was really reassuring to me because I had started to feel like I should never leave the house (because my source :look: is a bit doom laden at the moment).
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Mountain Goat wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:14 pm This from the one who was FINE to go back to work the day after the fever had gone. :)) I can only echo this though, it's really important to not do too much or expect too much of yourself.
:mog: I was mad. I blame Gavin Williamson.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Mountain Goat wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:14 pm
Ruby wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:12 pm Ooof Annabella. That sounds awful, you poor sods. The energy comes back very very slowly. I know everyone keep saying this but even now, 6 weeks after I had a mild case, I am bone tired. It's an absolute shock to the body
This from the one who was FINE to go back to work the day after the fever had gone. :)) I can only echo this though, it's really important to not do too much or expect too much of yourself.

Exciting Tex, will you do it?
I have already signed up :))
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I swear I posted best wishes to Annabella, but the post has vanished/got lost in transit :look:.

I will do it again, but if the original turns up on a food thread or something, you all know I haven't lost the plot :)).

I hope you get well soon, Annabella, and that you can take things very easy in the meantime.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

I hope you feel better soon, Annabella. Your experience sounds exactly like our friend in London who was sick before Christmas. He said it was the scariest thing he's ever been through. Please take it easy and don't do a Ruby. :lg: