Show your (craft)work

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
rosy

Re: Show your (craft)work

Post by rosy »

Fabulous!
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

They're great!

I shall soon be digging out my crochet hook again. My stepson and his partner are expecting. We never thought it would happen. :disco:
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Congratulations, OTH :bounce:

Those doll's clothes are great, Wendy.

I've made another cardigan for Loki with the remains of the cream yarn I had leftover from the jumper that kept on giving :)).

It's getting posted on Monday, and then I have said i'll knit a tiny teddy for a friend of S whose partner is expecting a baby, then I've had a request from Mr M for a jumper, then I can get back to my own queue if nobody else pushes in in the meantime :ella:.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

What are you planning OTH?
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

In the absence of any need/inspiration, I have decided to yarn bomb my street postbox. It will be a spring-like affair.

Did I post the sunflowers I did for the village Flower Power trail?
SunnyMum

Post by SunnyMum »

Oh I love the sunflowers!
I love the idea of yarn bombing. I think the world needs it.

OTH, I too have an expected (as in they'd given up hope) baby blanket to make. Mine will be for Baby Barthélémy. It feels a bit weird that Baby already has a name (he's due in June). But it seems it's a Corsican thing. I'm still in the "thinking about it" stage. I feel I need to make something special. I made a big Lucy blanket (meadow?) for his cousin. What are you planning ?

Wendy, I'm impressed! Even IF I had down time at work I wouldn't dare pick up my crochet because I fear I would never put it down!
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

I love the doll clothes!

What is yarn bombing?
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I love the dolls clothes. The chunky polo neck gives me warm thoughts from my own childhood.

Love the sunflowers Cerise and good luck with the yarnbombing. I used to do it on a huge scale but after it constantly was vandalised or stolen I decided to take a permanent break.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

FiveO'Clock wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:21 pm I love the doll clothes!

What is yarn bombing?
It’s where you decorate object with yarny things (stolen photos). I did a string of 100 poppies once and hung them on the park railings. They survived.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

I love that!
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

wendy james wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:57 pm What are you planning OTH?
I honestly haven't a clue. Baby blankets are always popular, aren't they? I re-taught myself to crochet in 2015, when I was staying with my mum, waiting for my leg to mend. I was going slightly mad with round-the-clock soaps on tv. :ruby: As I remember, it was the turtle collective that introduced me to ravelry.com. You lot are absolute life-savers! You might vaguely remember these two masterpieces. :lol:
crochet-scarf-mk2.jpg
crochet-scarf-mk1.jpg
I made a hat too, but it doesn't fit and I always meant to unpick the brim and re-make it. So, I can crochet, but I literally haven't picked up a crochet hook (other than to sell) since. Looks like I'll be revisiting YouTube. All ideas/inspiration welcome! :yes:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

SunnyMum wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:14 pm OTH, I too have an expected (as in they'd given up hope) baby blanket to make. Mine will be for Baby Barthélémy.
How lovely. Weirdly, our French address is 'rue Saint Barthélémy'. I've never met anyone actually called Barthélémy. :))
SunnyMum

Post by SunnyMum »

Neither have I, yet.
It seems like a very big name for a baby.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

The sunflowers are lovely Cerise. You did show them but didn’t say you’d made them, sneaky!

I’ve made up some cardigans I’d been making on and off for a bit. I hate making up!

I ordered the yarn to make a red summer cardigan.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Getting around to sewing on the buttons usually takes me WAY longer than making the cardigan itself!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

The bottom two are for the same family - a baby due this month and his older sister. I’ve made them both a raglan top out of tractor print fabric too.

I knocked this mug cosy up during family monopoly last night. Sproglette claimed this one and chose the button so I have to hand it over.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

You're a machine, wendy. :))

I intend to buy this pattern when I've worked through a baby blanket for my best pal. https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/9214449 ... ve_3&crt=1
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

That’s cute!

I’m just so BORED and not very good at sitting doing nothing. :mrgreen: The craft room became a temporary school room so I’m doing less sewing (plus I had 4 days of downtime ‘working’ with no actual work to do, so was tied to my desk).
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

It's impressive!

I love the colours, I'm quite the fan of rainbow attire. I just hope it doesn't come out too bulky, I've never crocheted any clothing.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Could you get a cotton yarn to reduce bulk?

This is the cardigan I have planned. I had to find a substitute yarn (the recommended has wool in it) and have gone for a cotton one so it’s more use for summer.